• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

What do we name it poll

Name the New K1600GT/L

• Sexy Sixer

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Sechskopf

• Six Pack

Votes: 10 26.3%
  • Slant Six

Votes: 14 36.8%
  • Big Head

• Behemoth

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Six Shooter

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • Block Head

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Winnobeggabeemer

• Gold Brick

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Semper_Fi

Honey Badger
Listed the names provided to create a poll on what you'd like to call this bike.

The selection with the highest votes wins.

Name that bike

Choices shouldn't be so limited, we need a write-in choice. The chosen name will be with us for a LONG time.

None of the proposals work for me.

I just read an article in the new MCN where they point out how similar the new engine is to VW's venerable VR6 - so it should be called the "VR6" to give credit where credit is due.

V = shape of the engine and R = "Reihenmotor" (or straight engine).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VR6_engine

:dunno:dunno Who made this comparison? The VR6 engine is a V-engine not a "Reihenmotor" (= inline engine).

The VR is a 'Vee' engine, but with the 'rows' of cylinders offset and tilted from each other by an angle of either 10.6 degrees (??) or 15?? - instead of the more common 45??, 60??, or 90?? as found on conventional Vee engines.

The Dodge slant-six is one of the most reliable engines they've ever had. Don't beat up on Dodge!
Maybe they even looked at the Dodge engine for the idea?

Not sure you can use slant six in any discussion involving performance. It was a reliable motor, but very pedestrian.

slant 6, great motor surrounded by rust. I think a hole rusted in my fender on the way home from the dealer. My last screwing from the Chrysler Corporation.

slant 6 looks like a better choice

One year we took a dodge slant 6 into the rome junk parade ,before the parade , we blew out one cylinder. With the bad cylinder piston and conecting rod removed the slant 5 still ran good ,through the whole parade!:):thumb

This years...

Attachments

• PICT0010.jpg
    PICT0010.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 160
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back