• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

"Polarbear" and the GS:)

Polarbear

Polarbear
Thanks to ALL my GS friends for making Redmond something to remember a very long time. I slept little, rode hard, made a lot of new friends and found my 24th national rally to be amongst the best I ever attended:). SO much GS activity took place and I was in heaven a while. Hope to see all of ya again someday, perhaps in Pennsylvania next year and beyond:). Randy"Polarbear"Owens

Thx:)

Good friends have no boundaries, Ian. Your support was indeed appreciated, coming all the way from Georgia! I hope I can continue too, riding to those far away East rallies:). Travel well my friend, ride safe, happy trails. Randy

Randy,
Thanks for putting on a good program at the Rally.
The GS trials were a blast. Wish I was able to get down sooner to partake in some of the other stuff.

Looking for any pictures that there might be of the GS Trials.
I know there were a couple cameras out there.

If anybody has some of me riding I would love to see them.

"Grey" 09 GS with the cast wheels.

ME too, photo's???

We'll, I'd love seeing some shots too and yes, the camera's were in mass out there. 5 alone were in the arena at one point taking pictures:). One was Adventure Rider Magazine, I know. Keep a watchful eye, as many photos will show up here soon and/or in the BMW'ON Magazine too. Thanks for your particiaption and smiles, as I had a ton of fun running the show and had little/no time to operate my own camera while in the middle of all this. Keep the faith, pictures are coming, I HOPE:(. Randy"Polarbear":thumb

Thanks Randy for a great event....enjoyed riding with you on the GS Rides.

Redmond%20Trip%202010%20056_randy.jpg

ME too:)

Hope to see ya again Don. I won't pass Colorado without at least calling, see if ya around. Redmond was a lot of work, but still sooo much worth it all:). Next rally, I play more:). Randy:thumb

I made it to your (Redmond) event..now..make it to our(Bloomsburg)event...

Regards,

Clay
Kimberton,Pa.

R1200GSA
(the one with dents&damage from one rather large 'furry' canis lupus enroute)

You betcha,Clay:)

I've been to 7 of the last eight National Rallies, so I'm on a roll:). I sure hope to make Bloomsburg and see some of that PA.wilderness on my GSA. I did some in W.Va.(RA Rally) last year and know the backwoods of the East are really good and green and wet! I love river/creek crossings, so really look forward to seeing some of this next year:). Now, JUST who's going to get this GS Adventure ball rolling for Pennsylvania??? The talk seems quite active so far, for this PA Rally!. Happy Trails, Randy"Polarbear":thumb

Notes............was with Ian today

I've been to 7 of the last eight National Rallies, so I'm on a roll:). I sure hope to make Bloomsburg and see some of that PA.wilderness on my GSA. I did some in W.Va.(RA Rally) last year and know the backwoods of the East are really good and green and wet! I love river/creek crossings, so really look forward to seeing some of this next year:). Now, JUST who's going to get this GS Adventure ball rolling for Pennsylvania??? The talk seems quite active so far, for this PA Rally!. Happy Trails, Randy"Polarbear":thumb

Notes

Site tour today.....................I have much to say but its Marc's Rally so he will report to us.............great news forthcoming.

Again too early but I have the GS events scouted.......people available and no named leader pulled out of the hat yet.........I hope Ian is in the mix..........and you........us and my merry band of GS beaters. ;)

Field events will be similar to the RA rally if allowed.........lots of wood, rocks and tires available nearby.........I will be checking for possible dirt and stone donations......sponsors et al.............last resort I will just have to bring things from my farm.

GS Rides..........in planning........some fire roads others fire roads with extreme detours left to the riders to decide. We have safe ways around obsticles because I have been in places that I thought people knew their ability......too much carnage. :whistle Even for me. :laugh

I have a 35 mile off road route for intermediates but I have to meet with a gate keeper or a locksmith. :laugh It may have to be 17 miles with a food stop. :dunno

To our south the Adv Smoking Hole Rally goers have a great GS route from their event and a contact of mine will be working with them.

Randy I have a two foot water crossing available but not for a group.....we need to follow a stream bed so that will be a private tour if you don't mind me saying so...............I don't want the Fish Commission too angry.

The ancient turnpike from Columbia County to New York State had a stretch that went through a swamp and down a terrible mountain side that in its storied history killed horse teams and drivers, destroyed en route cargo and was lovingly dubbed the Road to Hell........I found the old stretch which is part of a fire road system and a little bushwhacking, tree slapping can get us back to the day. Sorry its not the road of bones. :laugh

Should we have T-shirts that said we road the Road to Hell ? :bolt

Lets hope Motorrad will release the GSers and all can be done before closing.

Great start:)

I'm so glad you're so excited and coming off the start with some really good info for Bloomsburg. Keep the momentum going,"Please" . Ian and I have both delivered bigtime, the last few years for GS activities and I certainly have a huge interest in seeing it continue:). Its a lot of work, I know, but soooo well worth it in the end. Personally, I'd love to play more my next rally and partake in the GS stuff as a rider/participant/attendee:). I worked myself pretty hard in Oregon and want some rest:). I'll be more than glad to help out, from my far West home in CA., but a local group leader like yourself really needs to be the point guy/GS Chairpersons and somebody will step up, I'm sure. Maybe yourself! Ian and myself will be available to assist in any way, I'm certain. Happy Trails, Randy"Polarbear"...Talk again:):thumb

Back