• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Swanny's S1RR Ride to the Rally!

wayneswan

I am going to try to just link to my photobucket album for the pictures.....

The pictures are in reverse order for the most part so if you want to view they from "beginning to end" then start on the last page and go backwards....

http://s991.photobucket.com/albums/af40/Obi-Swan/BMW MOA RALLY 2010/

I left Seattle and skirted the east side of Mt. Rainier,
took a side trip up to Windy Ridge where I bumped into some Australian MOA members. They had never seen a S1000RR in person so they did a lil' photo shoot of it.

Crossed the Columbia River at Hood River, OR and proceeded to Govt. Camp on the S.E. flank of Mt. Hood.....then dropped into Redmond. 372 miles @ 9 hours.

Friday I hooked up with a fellow S1000RR rider from Minnesota and headed out to Fossil via Antelope and Hwy. 218. Just over 200 miles.

Saturday was a ride over to John Day with my buddy from Corvalis, OR. We took the Post-Paulina Route out of Prineville to 395. Then back to Redmond on 26 after lunch in John Day. 300+ miles.

I spent every evening b.s.'ing at the rally with great people and drooling over 1000's of amazing machines.

I checked out @ 5am on Sunday and was back in the driveway @ exactly Noon.
Don't know the exact miles of the trip but it was about 1300 miles....with no throttle lock. (Ouch!)

Had a great time at my 1st Beemer Rally....you guys did not let me down. That was a blast. Thanks fer the great memories! MOA Rocks!

Glad to see you made it, I called you on SAT. but i'm sure you where riding. We did McKenzie Pass-Santiam Pass Scenic Byway. Holy**** what a sweet road.:buds
Are you going to the WABMW rally in menlo? http://www.wsbmwr.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=50:rally&Itemid=56.

Hey Bill, sorry I didn't call you back. Yeah, we got in about 7:30 on Sat. after heading out to John Day. I was wiped out from 3 hard days of riding. Didn't go back out to the Rally on Sat.. got some Albertsons chicken and PASSED OUT! Left for Seattle @ 5:17am the next morning.....home @ Noon 340 miles later.

Not going to Menlo but I'll be @ SBNW next Wed. Going to Backfire-Moto tonight in Ballard!
Hope to hook up sometime. Hope you had a great Rally!

Back