• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Buying directly from Migsel

Greetings !

I would like to add a Migsel GPS mount to my 2004 R1150RT for my Zumo 660. I haven't found a source for the mount domestic to the USofA. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with purchasing directly from Migsel ?

Right now, the above mount is Ôé¼88.00 (~ $114 USD) for their All-In-Price. Good price if it doesn't encounter $100 in tariffs upon importation.

Thanks !

Right now, the above mount is ?”é¼88.00 (~ $114 USD) for their All-In-Price. Good price if it doesn't encounter $100 in tariffs upon importation.

No tariffs on most motorcycle parts. I purchased a light bar from Migsel. The only issue was with what one of the post offices did to the box :eek

I was in contact with the vender to let him know he needs to beef up is packing for the light bars. Got a quick answer where he offered to ship a replacement unit. Wasn't needed. I got the bar back as good as new with the help of a press. Plus, it was going on my GS which meant it was just going to be bent, again, sometime in the future.

http://www.snafu.org/pics/r1200gs/2008/1107-lightbar/

Last edited:
Don't think twice, order it and then be a little patient. No problems at all when I bought one two or three years ago.

Ordered one about a week ago. Payment went through without a hitch and they said it should be here in 2-3 weeks. I'm not anticipating any problems.

Greetings !

I would like to add a Migsel GPS mount to my 2004 R1150RT for my Zumo 660. I haven't found a source for the mount domestic to the USofA. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with purchasing directly from Migsel ?

Right now, the above mount is Ôé¼88.00 (~ $114 USD) for their All-In-Price. Good price if it doesn't encounter $100 in tariffs upon importation.

Thanks !

You will have to be verrrrrrry patient. My order took almost 6 weeks to arrive.
Doug

So, how do you know what parts will generate a tariff?

http://www.usitc.gov/tata/hts/bychapter/index.htm

Happy reading. Chapter 87 is for Vehicles other than railway or tramway rolling stock, and parts and accessories thereof. Section 8711 is for motorcycles, 8714 covers motorcycle parts. It all depends on how the part is classified.

FWIW in the last dozen years I've never been charged a duty and I used to order a lot of parts from Europe when I was restoring my R69S.

http://www.usitc.gov/tata/hts/bychapter/index.htm

Happy reading. Chapter 87 is for Vehicles other than railway or tramway rolling stock, and parts and accessories thereof. Section 8711 is for motorcycles, 8714 covers motorcycle parts. It all depends on how the part is classified.

FWIW in the last dozen years I've never been charged a duty and I used to order a lot of parts from Europe when I was restoring my R69S.

Thanks,
It took a bit of looking, but seats are not subject to tariffs (page 21, heading 8714.11.00).

Just as an FYI regarding ordering time, I ordered mine from Migsel (in Belgium) on Aug. 18th and received it Aug. 27th. Expensive, but very nice quality and dirt simple installation. Only slightly odd thing is that the stock screws are T25 Torx and the Migsel-supplied replacement screws are T15, so make sure you have both handy.

Just need the Ram mounting bracket and I'll post some feedback.

Back