• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Your Mileage for 2004 ?

motofranz

What was your total mileage for the year 2004 ?

For the past 10 years I was averaging 2K on my Yamaha Sportbike.

Only rode in perfect (warm) weather for short trips...
Now that I own a BMW RT I ride year round .
And ride longer trips to Rallies,etc.
The bike is just a bit more comfortable to sit on all day !!

I rode over 13 K this year...

Riding Maniac???

So far I have ridden about 26K this year and a total of 33K :D :D in a year and a half, ever since taking an MSF Course in June 03.
I think that something is wrong with me :cry because all I can think of is riding, especially since I got my 05 LT. Any excuse and I am on the bike!!
Can't help it, dunno :dunno what to do about it. :help
I guess the riding bug got me good, but I do feel helpless at times you know. :lol3

before i answer YOUR question motofranz i have one for you. why did you start riding so much more often once you bought a beemer? was it the comfort of the bike? the BMW community/mind set? more free time? or ??

got the first rockster in july 03 and had 10,400 by the anniversary. had 15,700 when i traded it in 9 days ago.

heated handlegrips rock and rule. so does the shellaclava from aerostich!

motofranz said:
What was your total mileage for the year 2004?

Don't know off hand, but I could tell you about the really great rides, incredible scenery and phenomenal roads I've driven this past summer.

Likewise, when I had an all-out sport bike, it was more of a toy. I used it on long day trips the odd time, but it was never really the same as when I'm on my BMWs. Comfort wasn't the problem. Who knows. :dunno

~ 11,000 for 2004. Shooting for at least 15k in 05. Entered the year with an R11R and an R65 and am leaving it with an R11RT and an R100S. I think the bikes in the stable will be conducive to more miles.

Steve

Your Mileage

Well Cliffy ..
All of the above.

When I was riding the Sportbike the weather had to be clear within a hundred mile radius B/4 I would ride anywhere. :(

I would think it was a big adventure doing a 100 mile route in Northern Kentucky.
After 100 miles I was ready to take a nap .
The bike was very uncomfortable.

After riding the Beemer in the RAIN a few times and getting my confedence level up I had no fear in taking longer rides.
The bike is so comforatable to ride ...
The RT feels more reliable....
The bike is built for TOURING period !!

John

Dunno. 15 or 20K. I've put 9K on the GS since I bought and used up a set of tires on the VFR, so it's probably right about 15K.

This year I got 18,541 miles. This morning I was shoveling 6" of snow, more to come in the next 2 days.

Not sure exactly how much, but in the neighborhood of 25k like usual, I suppose. That's spread over 5 beemers. A couple thou on each of the /2 and the /3. 6k on the R90S. Another 3k on the R1100RS. And maybe 18k on the R1150RS. Gee, that's over 30k. Where does the mileage go? ;-)

Wow, what an impressive group we are!

Folks here really put on the miles. Guess that's why I've enjoyed being here since I got the bike in July. Took my MSF course in August and, after getting over my intense fear of the thing, started riding and enjoying it just about the time the weather turned bad. I'll have about 2,000 miles this year, but look forward to many more next year.
Be sure to wave. That slow, old guy you pass in the corners is me! :wave

motofranz said:
What was your total mileage for the year 2004 ?
About 200 km = 125 miles on a friend's bike in Hong Kong and Kowloon.
5678 km = 3528 miles on a friend's bike in Australia.
1637 miles on a bartered bike in Anchorage.
About 4500 miles on a friend's bike in South Africa.
About 400 km = 250 miles on a friend's bike down the Izu Penninsula near Yokohama, Japan.
2000 miles on my own bike going to the Jailbreak (over a four day weekend).

Since I only enter the odometer reading and date when I service the bike, it is hard to tell exacly what it was last January first. Since I'm 1500 miles from home, it is hard to tell exactly what it is right now. I'll guess that I put on another 3000 miles or so riding to work, sometimes the long way.

So that's about 15000 miles total... two thirds of which was on borrowed bikes, 8400 miles of which was ridden on the left side of the road (not counting passing). Nearly 1000 miles (983) was done in one single day on asphalt coming home from the Jailbreak. Just over 1000 miles was done in one single day, on dirt, riding on the left, in South Africa.

Yup... 2004 was a great year for rides, even if it wasn't much of a high mileage year.

Having just gone through a divorce in 04, my miles were way down from a typical year. I just eeked over 15K.

More time to ride next year!

Gizmo said:
Having just gone through a divorce in 04, my miles were way down from a typical year. I just eeked over 15K.

You'd think a divorce would free up some time.

dancogan said:
Took my MSF course in August and, after getting over my intense fear of the thing, started riding and enjoying it just about the time the weather turned bad. I'll have about 2,000 miles this year, but look forward to many more next year.
The year after I took the MSF course I also put on 2000 miles, then last year, I did 10K then this year I did 20K.

I only WISH that I could do 40K next year!!! :twirl

Back