• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Belstaff Discovery jacket

CANADIANSTEVE

Go Leafs Go
My wife got this jacket for me this Xmas, any thoughts about how effective it will be weather-wise ? Protection looks very good, and I like the style !
Steve

Re: Belstaff

I've been riding with a Belstaff Merlin for about 3 years now. If the discovery is built like the Merlin...then my friend you had a well made, durable, and highly water resistant jacket. The only negitive is that they tend to be hot. :thumb

have had a belstaff spitfire for 2.6 years. waterproof except for very slight seepage in the sleeves under heavy downpour. i can carry my lunch ion the pockets. well vented, very warm with the liner in. great relective properties. i am very happy with the jacket. hope yours works as well as mine.

I have a Belstaff 500 XL ISDT jacket that is about 30 years old and I still use it when it's really cold out there and I need the very best weather protection. It looks a bit aged, but so do I. Congratz - you got the jacket of a lifetime. I bought a Barbour ISDT jacket last year and that is well-built, too.

re: Belstaff Discovery

I have had my Discovery jacket for one and one-half riding seasons and have worn the jacket in all the types of weather that Massachusetts and New England can offer and I have found the jacket more than met requirements to keep me safe, warm (at times, too warm even with venting) and dry.

Regards,
Allen on an '04 RT

:) [
Wife & I have had the Discovery for 2 years in SC. Wonderfully made. still finding pockets!

It is warm and dry. Doesn't seem to get clammy. Wish it had larger vents!!! Jacket liner is very effective and so is the tall collar.

I understood that 2 years ago, it was the only textile jacket certified my the German Gov. This means it will hold together in a 140 MPH get off.!!! I have not tested this yet.

I've had my Discovery for 1.5 seasons now. Nothing much to say other than reinforce the above comments. It's a great jacket overall, it's dry as a bone, but the venting needs improvement. I've found that the built-in neck gaitor directs cold air into my helmet, but coupled with a windproof fleece neck gaitor to fill the gap, it works great.

Back