• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

I'm Just Gonna Wing It...

grafikfeat

...I'm reading all the Q&A's... All the guys/gals meeting up here, there... etc...
I'm gonna head out Thursday @ around Midnight - 1 AM and ride the hack through the night...
Hope to arrive at a very long line @ 9AM or so.

Packing a tire kit, first aid kit... Cell phone...
Various camping implements, chair, tent etc.
Camera(s), cards, batteries, charger...

Oh and money for the beer garten. :)

Not knowing a soul... And this my first MOA Rally...
Hope to have some fun... And learn a few things from (PM) Dave, amongst others. :brow

We'll see...

1st rally

By the end of the rally you will have picked up many more friends and a desire for more rallies.:thumb

shameless sales pitch

First, if it's your first, strongly consider going to the "first time rally attendees get together" in the beer garden. Long time rally rats will be there and through the discussion you may learn of things that go on at rallies that you would have missed. You will meet some people you have heard about and read about. None of them I personally know think themselves "celebrities" but apparently some people view them that way.

Secondly ....here's the pitch.... consider volunteering. Many very long term friendships have been formed when people met working a shift together at a rally. See the volunteer booth in the MOA building (North Sister.) There is something for everyone and you won't be new or a stranger for long.

We leave this afternoon for Cheyenne. Wooooooo Hooooo :brad

Does anyone know a way we can BAN Aikens from showing up?? Worst rally rat possible, a noob returned million miler.

I have to hand it to you Stan. That was a very good post - pitch for help or not.

Keep this up and I'll have to find a new set of chops to bust.....:gerg

Uh, sorry - I'm finding you. You can run, you can hide, but you can't run and hide where I can't find you....:hide

Grafikfeat,

I'm heading out after work myself on Thursday (maybe leave by 2 PM) There is no way to make the 1st timer greet/meet but oh well, I'll deal with it. I just hope I don't have to turn around half way there as I've got a severely pinched nerve in the neck and it hurts just sitting at the computer. I doubt I'll be doing any ironbutt rides but do want to check out the rally for sure. Ride safe!

Oh yeah, I'm the other semi-bald guy ha, ha, ha :thumb

I just hope I don't have to turn around half way there...

If you are half way there you may as well finish...
Half way either direction is still half way. :thumb

Just take your time... I have a pinched nerve too... :hungover

I'm leaving at midnight and would like to be in the Gorge by sunrise.
If for anything... Photo ops.
I'm riding the sidecar and by no means am I running any races.
I already have an SS1000... This ride is the opposite.

I'm on vacation and plan on making it last!

"IF" the mini-stan funnel comes in before Thursday, I'm gonna finish up the 'annual' on the C, and the spouse will ride that (oil/filter, final drive and tranny fluids changed today). I'm torn between the R850 and the R45. If I don't get that miserable ABS system bled, I'll ride the 45 and the spouse will ride the 850.

We'll prolly head out around 0430-0500 on Sat and just stay one night. If the spouse booked jobs for Sat, the heck with him, and I'll head out Thursday or Friday morning.

Grafik, please be careful of the deer and elk and bears and coyotes and cougars and bobcats and drunken idjits. :)

Well, that too. I "assume" that you're heading east to 97 then over Blewett. Wildlife is real thick over here this year. And taking a guess from the size of the hoof prints in my garden, they're big too.

Well, that too. I "assume" that you're heading east to 97 then over Blewett. Wildlife is real thick over here this year. And taking a guess from the size of the hoof prints in my garden, they're big too.

Yup! I'm on no road race... I'll be taking it easy. It'll be cool to see some nocturnal activity.

(Thanks for the heads up.)

Back