• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Tent Rental Folks

DRRAOULDUKE

If my doddering memory serves me right there was an outfit at both the Trenton Ontario Rally and Charleston WV rally that offered a ready made tent service complete with sleeping bags/air mattresses etc. What is their name and will they be in Lima? Taking the antique sidecar rig and my 9 y/o grandson and would just as soon "check in" close to the beer tent. No interest in being "remote" at these things.

Thanks in Advance,
Dr. Raoul Duke
"GOOD girls go to heaven, bad girls go EVERYWHERE"

Gear Rental

If you have an REI store close to you, or on the way, you can rent gear from them. Not too pricey either...

RW

MOA Camping

The outfit I remember was called Camp Easy or Camp Eazy, but I have :dunno not been able to find any more information about them either, I was considering checking them out too but alas I cannot find them anywhere on the WEB, MOA directory etc. :dunno

I went through my back issues of BMW ON and found Camp-Easy in the June 2003 issue (pg 88). They list a web site as www.camp-easy.com which is still registered but my browser times out waiting for it...

Michael

Mine does too Michael

I actually have all the camping gear, just didn't feel like schlepping it with me for a change. Learned a very valuable lesson when blowing out of the Charleston Rally on Saturday morning. NEVER pack a motorcycle with a hangover. Hell my GS looked like Fred Sandford's pickup. Thought it would be nice just to be ushered into a ready made tent in walking distance from the beer garden?

Guess we'll have to wait and see if anybody picks up their slack?

Regards

You could always ship your gear to the rally site, then ship it home. Stay posted and you'll see a shipping address for the rally, and there usually is a UPS booth on site just for the rally.

Shipping

UPS Ground service (slow boat) for a bicycle box in the area of 40lbs or so, for a domestic move will be right around $40 or so... I would think that a bicycle box would hold tent and sleeping bags.

You have time to play with box sizes and weights and call around

RW

ups

I shipped a rubbermaid tote of camping gear to Rhinebeck a few years back and it worked out great!

It's really a great way to go if you're traveling 2 up!

gsjay

Back