• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

48L top case latch problems

K

k2mann

Has anyone had success repairing a latch problem on the top case? On mine, the latches on the left do not move, remain in the unlatched position. Ones on the right work OK. Is it difficult to remove the inner liner to get at the mechanism? I am fairly handy but have this fear of removing screws and bolts, then parts fall inside and get lost, Is there some place where you can get a diagram of how these cases are put together? Any help would be appreciated.

Depending when your case was made, BMW has a service bulletin out on some of the 49 Liter topcase latches. Mine was off of a late model K1300GT and was repaired under the program. Check with your dealer.

Greg

Thanks for the info. Mine was purchased in 2006, so I am sure out of warranty. Will check with dealer.

Don't be so sure its out of warranty, make the call and voice your concerns,
you may be pleasantly surprised.

Rick

Back