• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

K1600GT and GTL Official Announcement

In early BMW Nav systems, a special cradle allowed for better operation with gloves. My understanding is that the GT/GTL implementation will use the rotary multicontroller on the left grip for the interface.
No special cradle - apparently a Zumo 660 will drop in; it just won't interface with the bike's electronics. Correct on the multi-controller.

Boxster........
Sixter?
Is the 13GT really gonna go out?
What will this do to the price of the models out there?
drop it near to where us not too well off can afford it?

which one?

Question: would you rather have a new Goldwing or K1600GT?

The answer is simple to me: I'd choose the new GT with the exciting inline-6 over the same-old same-old Goldwing which is getting more than a little long in the tooth. The GT weighs on the order of 200 lbs. less, another convincing argument to me.

Harry

Last edited:
Question: would you rather have a new Goldwing or K1600GT?

The answer is simple to me: I'd choose the new GT with the exiting inline-6 over the same-old same-old Goldwing which is getting more than a little long in the tooth. The GT weighs on the order of 200 lbs. less, another convincing argument to me.

Harry

Will it be as comfortable?

The GTL is like a Wing, the GT is like an RT.

They're two very different motorcycles, despite sharing much in common.

And both IMHO more interesting and fun than a wing, IKA "Geezer glide"
I'd go the GT if I could afford and need use of one.

The first one is supposed to hit ATL shortly. The listed price on the computer postings by the factory is low. I have been told that out the door they will be somewhere north of 25K. Thats serious money for 2 wheels!!

serious money

yep, north of 25k is alot, but is it..... its way better than a honda, or a harley davidson, 25k is an ultra limited hd, handles like a wheelbarrow, 29k for the honda with an airbag, woop di doo... same bike as it was in 2001.

my first lt was 21k that was in 99, yeah i got it broken off in me at the local dealer, crummy service etc, but... blane made up for that with my 02 lt for 18k otd.

id say 21k adjusted for inflation makes 25k for the gtl a rocking deal. I and many must agree, we are getting them.

honda still wont let me test drive one, unless im a "serious buyer" like what , i have to pay for it first?

all good. glad people like honda, if 25k is too much for a real bike, then 29 for a warmed over 10 year old bike is astronomical.

having riddent the gtl, there is nothing in its class, it is a class of its own, just what they are targeting, a luxury gt. its gonna smoke and be comfy as all h3ll

my opinion. but im a k guy, not a real BMW owner, lol

enjoy!

Back