• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

ipod problems

RAM sells multiple sizes of the "Aqua Box" specifically to use non-waterproof GPS models on motorcycles.

http://www.ram-mount.com/Products/AquaBoxMounts/tabid/125/Default.aspx

The market for auto GPS units is far more competitive than for motorcycles. It seems that the target price point for the leading manufacturers is around $100, and sale prices are regularly well below $100. If the Aqua Box is a good solution, it may be a way to cheaply upgrade hardware frequently. You can buy new GPS units for little more than the price of a Garmin map update. We can be confident that newer units are going to include new features and higher performance, probably at a lower cost (which is one reason I went with a nuvi 550 instead of a Zumo).

Yup, thats what I have been using with Tom Tom, 5K miles and no proplems to date.

RM

+1 for the iJet Nav.

Deletions.

What I'd like is a remote that allows me to switch categories on my iTouch. For example, I have some songs, and some podcasts, and some lecture videos. After listening to lecture videos for a while, I'd like to switch over to something lighter like music.

The people at valueoutfitters have been good to deal with. I ordered one version, I think it was the non-Nav version. It didn't quite work like I anticipated, so I exchanged it for a Nav version. It's here.

The device does a good job of forwarding through lists of lectures, or through a list of songs, or whatever. What it doesn't do is switch between categories. Or at least I don't see how it switches between categories.

Thoughts?

Noel

scosche

I looked at their description and video of the functions for their remote. It clearly has all the basic functions. In addition, will the scosche remote allow the user to stop a video and pull up music?

Noel

My 20Gig Classic just quit on me .Kept it in jack pocket and was able to push the buttons thru the jacket while riding.
Did not want to go the hard drive route again(was a gift from a friend)and since the Shuffle and Zen I have will not work out in the jacket(buttons are too small),I wanted to try out the IJET I have been reading about on this site.What a great idea they have (IJET),I just wish they made one for my ZEN.So I bought a used 8gig nano on Ebay and a new IJET Nav and tried the setup out on a 300 mile ride on curve drenched back roads.Even with the gloves on I was able to hit the buttons with ease.Install was easy,2 sided tape on clutch res. and set remote in place...Done.:dance

iJet NAV issue

Alright, I'm satisfied with my iJet NAV. I guess.

When the black plug is in the iTouch, and I fire it up I don't get any sound until I disconnect the earphones and then replug them.

Am I doing it wrong? Am I missing an update?

Noel

Alright, I'm satisfied with my iJet NAV. I guess.

When the black plug is in the iTouch, and I fire it up I don't get any sound until I disconnect the earphones and then replug them.

Am I doing it wrong? Am I missing an update?

Noel

You are not doing it wrong. This is true for most (all?) remotes that work, but weren't actually designed for the current rev of apple devices. When you plug in the remote the touch or iphone thinks it's in a dock and routes sound to the line output pins of the dock connector. When you plug the earphones in the touch or phone assume you want to listen privately, and re-routes the audio to the earphone jack.

I make it a habit to plug in remote, plug in headphones, select the playlist and shuffle mode, then put the device in my pocket and use the remote for mainly start/stop and volume control.

When you plug in the remote the touch or iphone thinks it's in a dock and routes sound to the line output pins of the dock connector. When you plug the earphones in the touch or phone assume you want to listen privately, and re-routes the audio to the earphone jack.

Very cool explanation! Thanks for the insight!

Noel

Back