• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Garmin 2720 cable Question

tourunigo

Not sure which direction to go in here. I need the power/audio cable for the 2720 but the cradle it sits in is the BMW NAV II. Because of something stupid that I did I destroyed the 12v connecting end. So, I go looking for this exact wire but keep coming up with the Garmin power/audio cable which does not use the left side of the NAV II (which never seemed to work anyway :scratch). Ok, collective wisdom, any suggestions on how I might proceed? (yes I know that I could contact Garmin but they only show the non BMW cable) Any value in retaining the original NAV II connection? Any way that I can make what I have work again? Here are a couple of pictures of what I have:

GPSWIRESTWO.jpg

GPSWIRESONE.jpg

Thanks, Bob

Because of something stupid that I did I destroyed the 12v connecting end.

What kind of bike is this for? It looks like there are different cables for "plug-in" install for different bikes - do a search on one of the online parts fiches for your bike under "Accessories." They are all available, just expensive.

Which end of the cable - the one that attaches to the GPS or the end to the bike? In looking at the pics it looks like you cut off the bike-side plug connector(s) and are left with three wires, red/black and purple. In looking online it looks like the standard connector has the GPS on one end and the other end terminating in two blocks, a 2-prong (red and black wires) power and another 2-prong (purple) which looks like it is for speed (to feed the GPS data when out of sat range.) From posts on ADV Rider it looks like you can cut the blocks (which it looks like you've already done :)) and simply wire in the red/black for power either hard or through a powerlet (fuse optional but probably a good idea) and just seal off the purple and forget it.

I found this with a quick Google search, the "applications" part towards the bottom might be a good starting point.

Last edited:
Back