• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

BMW bag liners

R

REBECCAV

I know that there are lots of sources for case liners, but does anyone know if BMW makes them?

I've checked my favorite resources online and haven't found them.

If they exist, can anyone comment on their quality?

Yes, BMW does make case liners. Not easy to find though. Check A&S, Sierra, Max, Bob's ( which also carry Kathy's case liners).

Good luck.

:jose

I like the RKA ones for oilheads.

RK Accessories in Santa Rosa, CA. They're beautifully made and have a sheet of plastic in them that give them shape, even while empty. They also fill the inside of the bag quite completely. The RS bags, as you know, are somewhat irregularly shaped.

Here's another vote for RKAs. Just stiff enough to have a little body, but not overly stiff (like the BMW ones). Just right.

I have to toss in my vote for the Helen2Wheels bag liners. Even though she is crazier than a sh*thouse rat,(said with much love) she does make some good stuff. I picked them up at the TOR rally this summer and have been using them every day on my commute. They make it VERY easy to just pop the case open, grab the liner handle and be on your way with your lunch and non-riding shoes...

I have a pair of H2W bag liners for my RT and they seem to work pretty well. My only complaint, one can over stuff them and then not be able to get them in to the system cases. :stick :doh

Mudbug said:
Yes, BMW does make case liners. Not easy to find though. Check A&S, Sierra, Max, Bob's ( which also carry Kathy's case liners).

I did a search of the MAX BMW site last night and couldn't find them. I'm willing to invest a bit more time to try to find them, but then I'll look into alternatives.

I couldn't find a site for RK Accessories by the way.

Liners

I have Kathy's liners for my system cases - look good, well made, very functional. Heeeyahhhhhh!

A vote for RKA

I still have the set of BMW liners I bought for my old '91 K100RS and they held up fine through 12 years and 160,000 miles. I retired the bike and they now ride in my wife's '94 K75S.
I bought a set of RKA liners for my '03 GT and, after 20,000 miles, they're still like new and they cost about half as much as BMW liners. When it comes to customer service, I'm very impressed with the RKA folks. Escaping mosquito repellent turned the inside of the right bag liner's Velcro-on accessory pouch to disgusting goo last winter. I called RKA on the eve of the Spokane rally and they packed an extra pouch for me to pick up at the rally.
Good people, good product. :thumb

BMW accessory/apparel CD

:type RKA had a large advertisement in the lastest BMW ON. Also, I just received a BMW accessory/apparel catalogue on CD. It listed BMW bag liners, gel battery chargers, and a host of other accessories. It's worth a look-see.

Cheaper Bag Liners

I have BMW liners that were life saver on my first ever two up moto-extravaganza that I took with my gf last summer. They helped keep everything organized during our two week camping trip, and made packing and unpacking so simple!

I bought mine used from a lisitng on IBMWR and I highly reccomend used liners. I think I paid $65 for the pair and they are practically brand new! As long as the zippers are in good shape I think buying used liners are the way to go. Another place to find liners is on ebay.

Oh, if its not too terribly important to you to have the liner match the shape of the bag perfectly, and you dont want to spend a lot, then you should try finding a small duffel/gym bag that fits. Before I bought my BMW liners I bought two of the smallest sized duffel bags that Target sells. They cost $10 each and when they were full the bags were the exact length and depth of my hard bags. However due to the trapezoidal shape of the hard bags, the duffel bag didn't fill all of the usable space, only about 80-85% or so. But when travelling solo this worked out fine for me.

Helen 2Wheels makes smaller bags that are designed to fit in the Jesse bags. You can use the various bags for the different types of things you pack, like shirts in one, etc. I bought a set of them and like them a lot.

Grrlie...I have the BMW bags and they really work well. You can pack them till they're about to burst and as long as you don't get them mixed up (they are left & right side specific) you will get that lid closed. You will have to grab one side of the bike and shove your knees against the lid so hard your eyeballs pop, but you will have clean underwear everyday :)
I bought mine from a friend for $50. Not sure how much new ones will lighten your wallet.

Back