• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Ah, ha...

B

Bruce_H

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ah ha, June 19h 2010

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We finished up a long winded project this past week and collected a check!... Ah ha, must mean I don't have to come to work on Friday. Looking at the weather patterns for the coming weekend seems like south east would be the best direction to go. After work on Thursday I was out of there.​

riding thru the forest...

06_19_100171.jpg

found some flowers...

06_19_100071.jpg

after breakfast on Friday a hot spring was in order, this spring was 104 degrees...
06_19_100351.jpg

how nice is this?...

06_19_100401.jpg

not much happening in this one train town...

06_19_100571.jpg

went out to the desert...

06_19_100631.jpg

met some boys...
06_19_10107.jpg

with their toys...

06_19_1011111.jpg

they all had toys...

06_19_101031.jpg

blast off...

06_19_101661.jpg

spent the night, I was the only one here. had to nail the tent to the ground because of wind.
always check the temperature of these springs before getting in. some measure more than a hundred and sixty degrees.
this one was a hundred and fifty at it's source but down stream has cooled enough for a soak...

06_19_101282.jpg

called home after breakfast, it was raining, no clouds here, bit of wind though...

this rocket made 27,790 feet in altitude before falling back to earth, was eighteen feet tall
and built by high school students...

06_19_101122.jpg

what fun...

06_19_102191.jpg

this one had some problems, went sideways...

06_19_101821.jpg

quick, before they get here...

06_19_101971.jpg

over the mountains and home, still raining there...

06_19_102681.jpg

Friday's temperature on the desert was a little better than eighty degrees, over night, the high fifty's. Quite pleasant, a bit windy though. The wind didn't let up all night, some lighter at sunrise but never really stopped. I tied a string onto a water bottle and put it into the source of the spring before going for a soak. I now would have hot water to wash my face and hair, wouldn't ask for more...

It was time for breakfast. As I rode out at six thirty the temperature gauge read fifty nine degrees, the wind was still blowing but there was not a cloud in the sky.. I called home at breakfast, Lyn said it was raining, good decision on riding south and east. I went back out to the launch site and stayed until noon, mid seventy's by then, very pleasant.

Picked up a few clouds by the time I got to the California border. The wind was less in the mountains but back on the flat land it was again blowing. There were a couple of other hot spring choices for the evening but the temperature took a dump as I dropped out of the mountains. The wind was blowing so decided to head home. In a few hours as I crossed the mountains in Oregon it was raining and only fifty one degrees, how rude is that?

Guess I am ready for summer...​

Thanks for riding along...
Bruce

The FAA closes this area to flights during the launch period, 10 am to 7pm each day. they check by phone at 7pm to make sure.

Back