US Cross-Country Trip - DC to SF - HELP NEEDED
Hello fellow BMWers,
I am taking my 1200 GS on a 30-day cross-country trip (July 26th-Aug 24th) across the United States starting in Washington D.C. going to San Francisco and back to D.C. I plan on hitting most of the major National and State Parks along the way while mostly camping at each stop for the night.
I am posting this new thread for suggestions of things to see, people that may be interested in joining me on any part of the ride, just want to meet up for lunch at a great grub spot, or places to possibly sleep or setup my tent for the night.
I also have a website/blog I have been maintaining chronicling all my preparations and my route/itinerary http://dc2sf.blogspot.com . Any help is greatly appreciated and hopefully maybe new friendships can be made on this once in a lifetime trip.
Below is the current day-by-day breakdown, which is flexible based on your suggestions. Also see my site for the map of my route.
LEAVING Washington D.C.
1. Arrive Columbus, OH - July 26
2. St Louis - July 27
3. Dwight, KS - July 28
4. Dwight, KS - July 29th
5. Brighton, CO - July 30
6. Brighton, CO - July 31
7. Farson, WY - Aug 1
8. Grand Teton National Park, WY - Aug 2
9. Yellowstone National Park, WY - Aug 3
10. Yellowstone National Park, WY - Aug 4
11. Yellowstone National Park, WY - Aug 5
12. Jackpot, NV - Aug 6
13. Reno, NV - Aug 7
14. San Francisco, CA - Aug 8
---RETURN TRIP BEGINS---
15. Yosemite National Park, CA - Aug 9
16. Yosemite National Park, CA - Aug 10
17.Yosemite National Park, CA - Aug 11
18. Great Basin National Park, NV - Aug 12
19. Great Basin National Park, NV - Aug 13
20. Arches National Park, UT - Aug 14
21. Arches National Park, UT - Aug 15
22. Rocky Mountain National Park, CO - Aug 16
23. Brighton, CO - Aug 17
24. Brighton, CO - Aug 18
25. Dwight, KS - Aug 19
26. Dwight, KS - Aug 20
27. St Louis, - Aug 21
28. Columbus, OH - Aug 22
29. Washington, D.C. - Aug 23
30. !!Extra Day!!
Last edited by xctrip; 06-21-2010 at 03:27 AM.
Tags for this Thread