Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Just Installed! Clearwater "Krista"

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    10

    Just Installed! Clearwater "Krista"

    I have been waiting for my pair to get here and finally got them on last weekend. Some early thoughts, you get what you pay for. The wiring harness, and all other connectors are of the highest quality I have ever seen. (I've installed a Stebel Horn and front and rear Photron Led's) so the difference is striking. The lamps themselves are extremely rugged as it the dimmer . Here are some pix during the daytime, I plan on doing ther nightime test over the weekend.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by pcunningham42 View Post
    I have been waiting for my pair to get here and finally got them on last weekend. Some early thoughts, you get what you pay for. The wiring harness, and all other connectors are of the highest quality I have ever seen. (I've installed a Stebel Horn and front and rear Photron Led's) so the difference is striking. The lamps themselves are extremely rugged as it the dimmer . Here are some pix during the daytime, I plan on doing ther nightime test over the weekend.
    These are on the normal low beam
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by pcunningham42 View Post
    These are on the normal low beam
    This is with the Hi-Beam on which turns the Clearwaters to full
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by pcunningham42 View Post
    This is with the Hi-Beam on which turns the Clearwaters to full
    I used a SW Motech lightbar which was about $40
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by pcunningham42; 06-17-2010 at 02:14 PM. Reason: missing pix

  5. #5
    Tame Racing Driver Stig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Posts
    262
    How difficult were they to install? Are the wiring harnesses "plug and play" or did you have to cut and splice? They look super bright! I've found that with LEDs, their performance gets better as the environment gets darker. The Krista's almost make the Photron LEDs look laughable in comparison.
    Craig
    New York's Hudson Valley Region
    2009 R1200RT
    MOA #146131 IBA #55715

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by cscatola View Post
    How difficult were they to install? Are the wiring harnesses "plug and play" or did you have to cut and splice? They look super bright! I've found that with LEDs, their performance gets better as the environment gets darker. The Krista's almost make the Photron LEDs look laughable in comparison.
    They were basically plug and play. The directions were a bit vague when it came to wiring to the hi beam switch, but after figuring it out, I told the guys at Clearwater and they will/did adjust the directions. There is one posi tap you have to do, then you take out the parking bulb and slip in the included harness and it all works! The wiring is really heavy duty. I hope to have some night time pix soon (so you know, I did take some head on ones, but it was sooo bright, the pictures were a total white out)

  7. #7
    TravelsWithBarley.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Stowe, Vermont
    Posts
    1,036
    Nice write up!

    I've had Kristas on my sidecar rig for about three weeks now, and recently got to try them at night in rural PA. With my wonderful dog in the sidecar I live in dread of encounters with deer, but these lights were so fantastic at not only throwing light downrange, but at illuminating the sides of the road that I was able to spot the hooved devils WAY before they became a concern!
    '07 R1200GS for solo rides
    '10 R1200GSA with Hannigan dual sport sidecar for rides with Barley

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •