• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Yoga sessions at Redmond Rally 2010

chansuresh

chansuresh
Hi All,

I'm a new member, belong to Norcal BMW club, and this will be my first MOA national rally. Since I've volunteered before as a yoga instructor, I offered to "lead" some Yoga sessions at the rally - relatively simple to medium exercises that any first-timer in reasonable health can do and benefit from improved concentration, flexibility and relaxation.

The rally officials have given their permission to hold 4 sessions as follows -- they are complimentary and all you need is some loose fitting clothes and blanket (for the relaxation part). Location will be notified when we get there.

Friday & Saturday ÔÇô 7 am - Short Program - 45 mins
ÔÇó Warm-up & Loosening exercises
ÔÇó Pranayama ÔÇô Controlled Breathing ÔÇô 20 rounds ÔÇô calms & focuses mind
ÔÇó Sun Salutations ÔÇô itÔÇÖs a sequence of 12 yoga poses linked together and we can do 6-8 rounds. Provides excellent stretching
ÔÇó Quick Relaxation Technique ÔÇô 5 mins ÔÇô end of program

Friday & Saturday - Longer Program 60-70 minutes ÔÇô Sometime before dinner (4-7 pm window - tbd)

ÔÇó Warm-up & Loosening exercises
ÔÇó Pranayama ÔÇô Controlled Breathing ÔÇô 20 rounds ÔÇô calms & focuses mind
ÔÇó Sun Salutations ÔÇô couple of rounds.
ÔÇó 8-12 Yoga poses in Standing, Sitting, Supine and Prone positions
ÔÇó Deep Relaxation Technique ÔÇô 15 mins ÔÇô end of program

See you there. If you would also like to assist as an instructor (help show others, correct postures etc.), please PM me.

Sounds wonderful! How gracious of you to volunteer!

Since they should have wifi at the rally you might post the location in this thread too.

And thanks for sharing your talents.

Voni
sMiling

Neat idea:)

I assume guys are welcome too:) I may need some of this in my life, to help me get even older and happier and riding my bike longer in life...Thanks for the tip and doing this. I'll look for ya. Randy"Polarbear"Owens:usa

Back