• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

a woman called my sidecar an...

A

angysdad

...accessory!
Was taking a break to let the kids blow off some steam, and this woman in the park asked, 'do your children get in the accessory on the side of the motorcycle?'

I know in most states/provinces, sidecars are legally considered 'accessories', but it was strange having someone call it that.

What was the strangest thing someone said/asked about your rig?

we have periodically had folks look at our 1992 K1100LT with Uni-Go attached and remark that they've never seen a motorcycle that long. At least they didn't call it an accessory (even though it is I suppose). Now, if I could just convince those folks at the toll booths that it is not a trailer :scratch - Bob

I was parked at the Seattle ferry terminal one day, and one of the gathered motorcyclists came over to offer his learned insight:

"I just don't understand why anyone would put one of those things on a perfectly good bike."

pmdave

And it wasn't even the beer can design.

Attachments

• beer can sidecar.jpg
    beer can sidecar.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 207
He probably could have stopped after the first four words...

'I just don't understand...'

...at least it's on the right bike. :thumb

I was parked at the Seattle ferry terminal one day, and one of the gathered motorcyclists came over to offer his learned insight:

"I just don't understand why anyone would put one of those things on a perfectly good bike."

pmdave

And it wasn't even the beer can design.

Back