• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Sahara Elf Peg or Ilium Works

Bezdelnik

Got curvy roads?
Wanting to get something to help stretch out my legs on long rides. I have seen many mentions of the the Sahara then saw the Ilium pegs. Just curious to see what experiences are out there. I ride an 09 RT with the seat in the high position (36" inseam). Or should I just skip them both and put pegs on crash bars?

Have used both of them. The Sahara's are clever, invisible till you want them, hard to deploy on the fly and VERY fragile in a tip over or even if putting too much pressure in them. I like the position though.

The Iliums are much sturdier, visible, can be easily deployed while riding, look a bit clunky, put my legs more splayed and a bit less comfortable after a few minutes. I only use them for short periods anyway. My opinions!

I've got the Iliums... and love them. Helps with another leg positioin and, therefore, soothes the aching butt on long rides. They fold away under the cylinders of my 07 RT when not in use.... Cost about 300 smackers... money well spent IMHO.

Back