• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

room availability

reception

Has anyone notified the lucky couple getting married to expect an additional 7000 people at the reception ?? :eat :bottle :dance :buds :laugh

Batch Reservation Policy Question

Has MOA taken a position on batch reservations? I heard a rumor that various "in-the-know" people booked a string of rooms (5 -10) with the anticipation that friends of theirs MAY want to use those co-located rooms. Seems a bit unfair (greedy) to lock up those rooms from others who are not aware of this strategy.

Leif the Lucky said:
Has MOA taken a position on batch reservations? I heard a rumor that various "in-the-know" people booked a string of rooms (5 -10) with the anticipation that friends of theirs MAY want to use those co-located rooms. Seems a bit unfair (greedy) to lock up those rooms from others who are not aware of this strategy.

Leif ---

If it makes you feel any better, none of the local motels would take reservations any longer than 51 weeks out.... So this means that even people who were at Spokane and KNEW the dates and location for the 05 Rally, could not make reservations until August of last year.

But - once that opened, there was a big rush for rooms.

This is one of those areas where the MOA has no say. All we can do is hope that our brothers and sisters do the right thing and not withhold rooms that others might want.

I suspect that there will be more rooms available on July 1 than there are right now.

Sue

Sue Rihn-Manke said:
Leif ---

...This is one of those areas where the MOA has no say. All we can do is hope that our brothers and sisters do the right thing and not withhold rooms that others might want...

Sue - appreciate your response. I understand that MOA's hands are tied. I'd like to share your hope about members not being greedy re rooms, but I'm skeptical. Anyway, looks to be a great rally - thanks for your work.

Room Availability

Go to post #2 on page one of this thread if you are still looking for a room.

Back