• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

room availability

G

Garth

Just a heads up for those looking for lodging around Lima, it's kin'da sparse, something about a golf tournament that week. :dunno

Lodging

Anyone (Male) looking for a place to sleep, I have a room with two double beds at the Best Western in Wapakoneta which is 13 miles South of Lima, I will be glad to share, I am 77 years young and do not snore, I will be riding in from New Mexico on the 21st leaving on the 24th. Anyone indterested let me know.
inspnm@juno.com

John

Garth said:
Just a heads up for those looking for lodging around Lima, it's kin'da sparse, something about a golf tournament that week. :dunno

Wow, your name is Garth to? I've only ran into one other in my entire life. Cool.

Rooms in Lima

There is no other event that weekend in Lima, so except for family weddings and the ilk, we should not have a lot of competition for the rooms.

However, only a handful of lodging establishments offered us group rates... and most of the others have really increased their prices when they heard we were coming to town. It's the old "Free Enterprise" thing. I ranted all the way the chain with several of these places, with no luck.

So -- words to the wise:
* Reserve early.
* EXPECT to pay higher-than-normal prices
* Look outside of Lima for better prices (Wapakoneta is a short 12 mile ride down the freeway)

We will post the list of motels on the webpage soon. Thanks for your patience, and I wish I could have done more to keep these prices lower. You may also see a list of all of the motels in Lima on the Allen County Convention and Visitors Bureau Web Page.

Lima - Allen County Convention and Visitors Bureau

Sue

BOYCOTT the Comfort Inn

I hope to encourage all BMW riders to boycott the Comfort Inn. These guys had a signed contract with us, guaranteeing us decent rates. The contract was signed by their manager.

After I received a complaint from a BMW rider about ridiculous pricing, I followed up.

NOW the Comfort Inn is claiming they never received my signed document back, so they are refusing to honor the SIGNED AGREEMENT that I have with them... (uhg) FWIW - I signed the document and mailed it back within two days of receiving it.

I would love to see this place stand EMPTY during the rally. Harrumph.

Sue

Suggestion

Make sure to call the hotels/motels directly. The national booking 800 #'s might not show availability, but rooms may actually be available.

JohnM

YB in IN said:
Wow, your name is Garth too? I've only ran into one other in my entire life. Cool.

Went to High School with a guy named Garth and get this, his last name was Hole! No joke. Garth Hole! Wait, it gets worse, his Dad's name was Arthur Hole! I worked with him and his time card said A.Hole. That's the truth.
No one teased him becasue he carried this big hammer around all the time for no apparent reason.

After I read a post about sparse rooms a couple weeks ago I started surfing and also booked at the Best Westerm in Wapakoneta. Actually, I had booked at the Comfort Inn in Bluffton first, but then found the BW...Anyway, I just liked the way Wapakoneta sounds!

Joe
:D

Sue Rihn-Manke said:
I hope to encourage all BMW riders to boycott the ....
I would love to see this place stand EMPTY during the rally. Harrumph.

Sue

I WILL SUPPORT, I intend to CAMP at the Rally! :thumb :clap

Fritz said:
Went to High School with a guy named Garth and get this, his last name was Hole! No joke. Garth Hole! Wait, it gets worse, his Dad's name was Arthur Hole! I worked with him and his time card said A.Hole. That's the truth.
No one teased him becasue he carried this big hammer around all the time for no apparent reason.

this is the best post i have ever read on this forum. carried a big hammer around... that makes me crack up!

Rooms Still Available

Just note let you know that as a few days ago there were still several rooms available at the posted rate at the Days Inn in Wapakaneeta. You have to go thru the group booking number (800-241-2340), not the hotel itself, and tell them you are with the rally. The group booking is listed under 20 July even though you may not be wanting to stay that night. It took me a week to break the code with them--hope it works OK for everybody else.

Rooms available near rally

Garth said:

Since I started this thread I thought this might be usefull. From a local list:

I received this from Sue, chair of the National in Ohio this summer.
Passing it on if anyone is interested:

=============

An early heads-up for you and/or your friends:

Last night I learned that the Motel 6 has approx 30 rooms left for the days
of the rally. They apparently had them blocked out for the BMW MOA, but had
not been releasing them to people calling in. (uhg) They were under the
misconception that I would be calling in the room assignments...... As of
last night, I released that block.

That being said, there are still 30 rooms available only a very short 1-mile
from the fairgrounds. They jacked up the price of their rooms for us (so
thoughtful) so it is not a bargain.... but people who want a room can still
find one there.

Please feel free to pass this information to your friends, but if they are
interested they should JUMP. I will post this tomorrow to the Forum.

Rates:
Wed / Thurs $39 (one guest) or $45 (two guests)
Fri / Sat $69 (one guest) or $75 (two guests)

Phone: 419-228-0456

===============

Rooms Still Available 2/10

Checked with Econolodge today at 3:30 pm e.s.t
Still has 12 rooms available
Phone # 419-222-0596 ask for Patty 8:00 a.m. to 4: p.m.

There is an Amerihost in Kenton, a straight shot east from the rally site on Rt 309. About 25 minutes unless your twisting the wick a bit more. Also, this puts it kinda mid-point between Mid-Ohio track and the rally. Figured that not too many have looked into the Amerihost yet, maybe.

rooms available

My wife locked up a room for us about 20 miles from Lima with some persistance and a request to speak with the Manager.

The same thing happened to us last year at AMA Vintage days. Has anyone stopped to figure out how much money a rally brings to these towns and small cities. Perhaps we should look at towns that want our business.

My wife and I travel a lot with our jobs and rarely have issue yet as soon as we say we are with a motorcycle club or attending a rally we get the run around.

gmac

B&B In Findlay

Last night ( 8 March), I booked a room at the Rose Gate B&B in Findlay, which is about 30 miles north of Lima (at least I think it's north -- I don't have the map in front of me). I found only 3 B&Bs listed for Findlay and the first one I called was full. The Rose Gate has 4 rooms, and 2 are now booked (seems the other is reserved by a BMW type also). Actually, being away from the throngs suits me just fine, though I may rent a car for Friday's Thorogood concert, rather than use the bike.

Sue Rihn-Manke said:
There is no other event that weekend in Lima, so except for family weddings and the ilk, we should not have a lot of competition for the rooms.
Sue

Sue,
you are misinformed. I tried to find a room last July and was told just about all rooms in Lima proper were booked because of some event, which I forgot what it was...

Gadgetboy assumes I am misinformed.

Not true, my friend. I have been on top of this for over a year. We are the only game in town that weekend, except for possibly a few ill-timed weddings.... This information is according to the Convention and Visitors Bureau who stays on top of all major events in the area.

The weekend BEFORE our rally there is a Harley Gig, in a neighboring community. Maybe that was what someone told you?

Back