• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Pix of your rig

My Interceptor / with TripTeq Heeler

We built this rig this summer and I am having a great time with it. It is easy to remove the car and can be driven as a two wheeler in about 15 minutes.
So far of all the rigs I have built, it is my favorite.
It has even been featured in gespann-news.de

Porkchopp

Attachments

• 100_4638.jpg
    100_4638.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 711
My wifes hack

Rita showed here new sidecar rig at the Return to Trenton Rally "Sidecars In The Park" This was the first time it has been to a show and she was pleased to win the trophy for Presidents choice from the Lonnie-Tic BMW Riders.
This is a 1977 Honda CB750 A (automatic) with a Velorex 562. The sidecar frame has been over built with 565 type frame braces plus and a Doug Bingham inspired Heavy Duty suspension. The paint was done by Jerry Arseneault of New Brunswick. His paint was featured in the 2010 PPG paint calender on his award winning Opel GT.

Thanks to Jerry for the paint, my brother Mark for the upholstry work and Rita for having the patience while I built it for her.

Congratulations Rita

Porkchopp

Attachments

• 100_4755.jpg
    100_4755.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 962
My new toy

Just bought this '82 R100RS with a EML frame and Squire chair. Will be spending the next couple of months getting it ready for next summer! Oh, just got the WA state permit, and am signed up for the Adventure Sidecar S/TEP class in Hood River, OR, next weekend. :dance

Attachments

• 1005111224c.jpg
    1005111224c.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 897
upgraded the tug

Swapped out my R90/5 tug for a '78 R100. I like old school rigs and this one has better brakes. It looks kinda neat in front of the coop building mural.

Attachments

• IMG_0977.JPG
    IMG_0977.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 829
K12RS w/ Hannigan Conde Classic

Just had this rig assembled at Hannigan's shop. Bought the car used about 70 miles from the shop, just made sense to have them do the install. Re learning hack skills after 30 years, taking s S/TEP class this month. Matching paint to come.......

Attachments

• Sidecar Install 032.jpg
    Sidecar Install 032.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 751
Here's one of the "Mini van" gaining popularity for my son with the cub scouts. Its a R11550R with a Hannigan but you can't really tell with all the kids.

IMAG_0070.jpg

5631834055_2d2fd95dce_b.jpg

5632416878_126ed6c2db_b.jpg

Long Distance Sidecar

Hi All,

This outfit from America won the Long Distance Award at the European Sidecar Rally last year. Some called the rig a piece of sh*t until they found out it had just done 26,000 kilometers through Europe and North Africa. But I have to admit the Europeans are far ahead of us in design and fabrication. I saw some amazing rigs over there.

Take Care,
Coach

p.s. Check out the thread about sidecar training at the 2012 BMWMOA rally.

Attachments

• Lean In or Out?.jpg
    Lean In or Out?.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 637
K1200Lt with Hannigan Bandito

I recently added this Hannigan Bandito to my 2009 K1200LT. Even after going through a S/TEP program, my first reaction to riding my rig was, "what have I done"?! I have since put about 1800 miles on it, I have really warmed up to what the hack has given me. I accept the nuances and three axis forces that test my 40 years of riding on two wheels. The muscle memory and other physical factors in adapting to a sidecar rig are becoming very normal, and I actually look forward to taking it out on the road. So far my gas mileage is about 36-38 MPG at 65-70 MPH (down from 44MPG). So far I have not noticed a significant tire wear on either the front or the back wheels.

Attachments

• DSCN3536 (2).jpg
    DSCN3536 (2).jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 666
Update

This is close to what she looks like now. I've added a windscreen to the bike. The Missuz loves riding monkey! She even asks me if we can go out for a drive.

Attachments

• IMG_0191.jpg
    IMG_0191.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 555
Mid-June in eastern WA

My wonderful wife Nanc loves riding in the chair. The best monkey ever!

Attachments

• IMG_0456.jpg
    IMG_0456.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 667
My first Hack-Honda CB900C , Custom with dual range transmission. Excellent for hauling the Velorex.
Recovered_JPEG_2296.jpg

And the recent hack..
sadie1-1-1.jpg

Yes...she loves it.

P1040358.jpg

So she had it personalized.

Picture009-1.jpg

After doing what Urals do best.:thumb

Back