• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Pix of your rig

South America on Three Wheels

Hi All,

This outfit like so many others goes off-pavement a lot. This shot is on the Dakar Rally course high on the Atacama Desert of Chile.
It's an R1150R that performs well on pavement and in the dirt. It makes a great filming platform!

Take Care,
Ramey 'Coach' Stroud

P.S. The MOA Rider Performance University (RPU) will be hosting both on and off-road sidecar classes in Salem.
I'll post all the details on the Sidecar/Trike Forum and in the BMWON as soon as I get them finalized.

Attachments

• IMG_3135 copy.jpg
    IMG_3135 copy.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 688
A few years ago I bought an 04 1150GSA, on old Ural tub and a Dauntless sub-frame.

DSC00642-L.jpg

I built it to take my oldest son cross country to his freshman year of College. Hard to believe that he's graduating this May. I've been kicking around the idea of taking the rig cross-country for his commencement and leaving it there for summer and riding home after the rally.

Here's a photo of us just prior to departure.

IMG_0071-L.jpg

Sadly we had a wheel bearing issue outside of Eureka, CA.

IMG_0304-M.jpg

We almost made it to Portland but we had a serious motor issue near Eugene. Perhaps it was the fact that all in we tipped the scales at 1750lbs or that I bought the cheapest 1150 I could find to be the tug. :banghead

Thankfully we were saved by an MOA Ambassador *

IMG_0335-M.jpg

And I got him to school on time.

IMG_0354-M.jpg

New motor and time for new stories with my niece who effective 1.1.13 is now living with us on a permanent basis. :clap

P5250104-L.jpg

* Here's a tip for travelers. If you get in a jam when you reach for your MOA Anonymous book check out the Ambassador listings and call him or her first. Chances are they know everyone including the dealers, privateers and perhaps people listing in the Anon book whoare in your area and can help you out.

I finally found a rig last October and have joined the offset three-Wheel club!!!
5u9esa6e.jpg
uvy4asus.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice K1 rig!

I took my old rig for a 1,600 mile loop in June. My wife and I rode two-up on the tug, our dog and camping gear in the 'car. Here's a pic in Stanley, Idaho. I can't thank Murph (Murph's BMW, Eugene, Oregon) enough for tuning up my carbs and giving my rig a safety check at the Chief Joseph Rally along the way (who needs axle pinch bolts anyway!). Thanks to him we had a safe, trouble-free trip w/ the R100S!

iphone 6.26.13 1653.jpg

Nice K1 rig!

I took my old rig for a 1,600 mile loop in June. My wife and I rode two-up on the tug, our dog and camping gear in the 'car. Here's a pic in Stanley, Idaho. I can't thank Murph (Murph's BMW, Eugene, Oregon) enough for tuning up my carbs and giving my rig a safety check at the Chief Joseph Rally along the way (who needs axle pinch bolts anyway!). Thanks to him we had a safe, trouble-free trip w/ the R100S!

View attachment 41207

All I see is your Wife! :bolt

(j/k... Nice Rig too!)

my current rig

98 R1100R - Hannigan Astro Sport - custom top & windshield - auto tire & wheel on rear - trail reducer - 2.2 gal auxiliary gas tank - R850R final drive - Hagon shocks. This was my 2013 winter project. Ten months and 8,000 miles later and I love it. My fourth rig assembly and best by far.
Bill D.

Attachments

• IMG_20131201_132450.jpg
    IMG_20131201_132450.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 481
Back