• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Pix of your rig

Here's My latest addition

It's an old Dnepr Mt11. not sure of the year. Only 450km's been sitting in an old barn the last 30 years. Got it running and now it's time for the resto.
P1060115.jpg

P1060113.jpg

P1060114.jpg

P1060112.jpg

My 1968 R75/2 Conversion w/ Ural Sidecar...

Here is My 1968 R75/2 Police Cruiser Conversion w/ Ural Sidecar...

Original 1968 R60/2 was refitted with 1974 R75/6 engine and transmission - rebuilt with only 1700 on it. Th Ural sidecar was added. Custom Buchanan spoked front wheel with BMW rear hub. Front drum was replaced with Dual disk front Earl fork conversion - Fitted with 2001 Suzuki SV 650 calipers. Electronics were converted to BMW /5 with BMW Magura controls. Big 12V auto battery in the hack trunk. Vintage correct Wixom fairing and travel box. Also vintage correct Enduro saddle bags. This beautiful motorcycle looks, rides and feels great. It's a dream come true to own this.

BMW1.jpg

BMW7.jpg

Bmw4.jpg

BMW5.jpg

BMW6.jpg

Bike2.jpg

Bike7.jpg

Bike3.jpg

Bike4.jpg

Bike5.jpg

Bike6.jpg

This is what the original Bike would have looked like - (not mine)
Bike8.jpg

Last edited:
Our Excape Machine

:usa
Pat and Diane from Detroit :boltsoon to be from Tucson:whistle

Attachments

• K1200GT & side-car, Kitty Cats 1-Oct 2012 020.jpg
    K1200GT & side-car, Kitty Cats 1-Oct 2012 020.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 689
Beauty rig Diane! I hope you will let Pat ride it every now and then!
Escape safely...

Barley, who has aggressively defended "his" sidecar against my other three dogs (and even my wife) decided to let Rusty join him for a spin around the village today. They were both very well behaved...and cramped!

file-1.jpg

This just came to me in an E-mail. Not mine or anyone that I know.

Attachments

• ATT00067.jpg
    ATT00067.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 588
my rig

this is a '95 RT/Sputnik....mostly my work, not the paint or subframe...other wise...

Attachments

• '95RT-Sputnik painted.JPG
    '95RT-Sputnik painted.JPG
    115.9 KB · Views: 763
Still riding in December!

It was up to 47 deg. F in Spokane today. So SWMBO and I went out for a nice drive.

Attachments

• IMG_1586.jpg
    IMG_1586.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 637
Current rig. 2003 1150 RT with Hannigan Astro Sport

The Picture was taken in Chester Basin Nova Scotia in August 2012

Attachments

• IMG_0297.JPG
    IMG_0297.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 697
1983 R100RT w/Cozy Rocket

Almost done. DMC subframe and mounting hardware including a new rear crossmember and a modified front sidecar mount. I ran it around a parking lot for several hours a couple of days ago and it handles great though the steering is a little heavy. No steering mods and I think I'll leave it that way for now. I still need to install turn signals and have ordered a IRC TR-1 trials tire for the rear. The front tire is currently a Heidenau K60 and seems to do fine in the snow but I may end up adding studs.

DSC_2306 (1).jpg

Back