• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Louisiana to redmond ii

rodney203

Louisiana to redmond II

I previously made a posting soliciting a traveling partner to the Redmond rally. I understand that traveling style compatibility is important and I described mine. I'm in a smaller market here and it's difficult to find a tour partner. I just don't like traveling alone for extended periods. I'm still thinking of making the rally.

My style is: My time is flexible, but will get to Redmond a day or so early. I have room booked in Redmond. Medium daily mileage. Once I get to the beautiful West I like to take in the scenery on the less direct routes, but certainly will do the "slab" when needed. I like camping and do a mix of camping and hotels, but with sharing room costs can do more hotels. I like the "ride-look-eat-sleep-repeat" thing. I'm a 52 yr. old engineer. 1997 1100RT.

Last edited:
Rodney, I am planning on riding 450 to 540 miles each day and plan to tent camp and use motel accomodations every 2 days or when the weather dictates. My plan is to take 2 days traveling to Copperas Cove, TX to visit a fellow rider and then head N to Glacier Natl Park and then W to the Rally arriving a day early. I,m using a Delorme Topo program to map out primarilly secondary roads only using the interstate when its the better choice in a particular area. I,m 67 years young and am looking forward to riding in the Rockies. Having someone to ride with makes sense on such a long trip. You can call me at 904-246-8580 Mon>Wed from 1800 to 2200 hrs. This is a work # at NS Mayport, FL. Ride Safe :usa :usa

Rodney and/or Rpbump,
I am seriously thinking about riding to Redmond and do not want to ride it alone. I am a 59 year old retired professional. Your style and timing sounds like mine. I live in Magnolia,TX about 35 miles north of Houston. Please give me a call at 713-829-4332 so we can discuss further.
Thanks,
Al W

Back