• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Givi topcase mounted to K1300S

wmubrown

Chairman of the hoard
Since buying my K1300S last fall I've been trying to figure out a way to get a 'real' topcase on the bike... a Givi to be exact. I've been using Givi products since a 22L topcase fell off my K100RT many years ago, and before Givi even had a US importer. I have clearly been incredibly happy with their product.

I faced a dilemma: how do I get a Givi topcase on my K13, and should I wait to see if Givi comes up with a kit? I waited through winter, but now riding time has arrived and I have trips to take. I ordered the Givi K1200S kit thinking it ought to line right up. I was wrong. The top tail piece of the K1300S flares out to match the lines of the body, while the K1200S has a narrow tail section. I screwed up some courage, checked with the dealer that I could order a new top tail piece (I can, its $70) and then started to work modifying the tail piece to accommodate the support brackets that bolt into the rear subframe of the bike and the back of the Givi mount plate, which in turn bolts to the BMW side case arms and luggage plate.

Here are some prelim photos of the final result. I'll get some outdoors in daylight tomorrow (assuming it doesn't rain all day as predicted). I hoping to get out and ride tomorrow also and see how it handles:

K1300_Givi_1.JPG

K1300_Givi_2.JPG

K1300_Givi_3.JPG

John,
Looks great! Where did you get the kit for topcase only that fits with the OEM sidecases? I'd like to have that same setup.

John,
Looks great! Where did you get the kit for topcase only that fits with the OEM sidecases? I'd like to have that same setup.

Hey Penny... Thanks! I used the Givi topcase mount for a K1200S. I had to modify the K1300S tail section (ie-cut holes in it on both sides) for the bracket to bolt into the frame where the sidebags mount. Then the front portion of the Givi plate bolts into the BMW topcase bracket, and the rear bolts into those support brackets. I should get a close up shot of the tailpiece...

More Pics please

Yes, good shots of the way you got the 12S brackets to bolt up to the 13S, without the top case or your stock bags on would be great. How it bolts to the stock rack, etc would be beneficial as well. I am seriously thinking of doing this.
Looks great so far!

Back