• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Aerostich Darien For Women

akbeemer

SURVIVOR
My wife is considering a Darien. We'd like to avoid multiple shipments trying to get the size correct. I have Aerostich gear so I know they will work with us, but nothing speaks like experience. Annie is 5'9" tall with most of her height in her legs; she wears a size 10-12 dress. Generally wears mediums in women's clothing and small in a man's. Any ladies out there that wear a Darien and can offer your experiences with sizing?

It I remember correctly the Aerostich webpage has a sizing tool. Just have your wife fill in the blanks with her measurements and Aerostich will send you the garment size that will best fit.

Mark

When I visited Aerostitch last summer, I learned they did not make women-specific gear. They will make alterations to their standard sizes, but when I started to add up the per alteration cost on top of the cost of their suit, I realized I could buy pretty much anything for the same price. I started looking at Rev-It and BMW brand apparel that comes in women's sizes. I currently wear Olympia stuff that is also available in woman-specific sizes.

I used to wear a Darien. Light jacket, regular pants. I have since purchased a Roadcrafter.

What I liked about the Darien. The jacket was roomy for warm season riding, but in the fall/spring, there wasn't quite enough room for the Gerbing. I would have gone to a medium, but I would have been swimming in it. I loved the large pocket on the right side. The ventilation was great. Easy to get in and out of. Stiff at first, but broke in quickly. I had the pants 'customized' to fit. No complaints at all about those. Two way zippers on outside of each leg, and a zipper 'fly'. Super easy to get in and out of.

I was very happy with the Darien, but I REALLY like my 'stich. I have several other brands 'womans specific' gear, but none of it fits right. I got the color combo I wanted, it fits perfectly, and if I crash and tear a hole in it, or a zipper breaks, I can send it back to Duluth and get it fixed. I can even send it to them for a cleaning and re-waterproofing if I want (but I do that myself). Can't do that with stuff made overseas.

Aerostich Darien

My experience with Aerostich is about 10 years old and I found the people unable and unwilling to work with alterations that would be considered female specific. Unless things have changed, look to manufacturers who embrace helping women wear the right gear when riding. After working as a Parts and Apparel manager at a BMW dealer, I have to tell you there are MANY current options. People have already suggested a few. I ride with either BMW, Triumph or Olympia apparel exclusively now!

Back