• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Globeriders Instructional DVD

Omega Man

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat
Staff member
I recently received the Globeriders Instructional DVD, for my F800GS, featuring Helge Pederson in my latest Touratech order. After watching the 2 DVD set I was very impressed. The information was well presented and it's obvious that Helge Pedersen not only knows how to do the topics covered, he can relate the experience of the work in a way that the first timer would be able to get through the job. Some of the topics covered are, tire change,flat repair,air filter inspection/replacement,brake pad replacement.....
At the end of the DVDs there is an interview session with 5 riders who explain the how and why of their bike mods-luggage,seat,windshield,pegs etc.
There are a number of DVDs available covering the F800GS, R 1100/1150 GS Adventure,F650GS and the R 1200 GS Adventure. Sponsors include Touratech and Twisted Throttle. www.globeriders.com :clap

I recently received the Globeriders Instructional DVD, for my F800GS, featuring Helge Pederson in my latest Touratech order. After watching the 2 DVD set I was very impressed. The information was well presented and it's obvious that Helge Pedersen not only knows how to do the topics covered, he can relate the experience of the work in a way that the first timer would be able to get through the job. Some of the topics covered are, tire change,flat repair,air filter inspection/replacement,brake pad replacement.....
At the end of the DVDs there is an interview session with 5 riders who explain the how and why of their bike mods-luggage,seat,windshield,pegs etc.
There are a number of DVDs available covering the F800GS, R 1100/1150 GS Adventure,F650GS and the R 1200 GS Adventure. Sponsors include Touratech and Twisted Throttle. www.globeriders.com :clap

Having met Helge while on tour in Kyrgyzstan...he's quite the mechanic. I'm sure what he put out is quality stuff.

http://www.motoedde.com/PicasaAlbums/Kyrg_Week_1/target6.html

Having met Helge while on tour in Kyrgyzstan...he's quite the mechanic. I'm sure what he put out is quality stuff.

http://www.motoedde.com/PicasaAlbums/Kyrg_Week_1/target6.html

He gave me the impression that if you went on a trip with him and your bike went off a cliff-it would be no big deal. He would tell you that all motorcycles used to look like that an really square wheels were a status symbol.
Most of all he could get you home! IMHO the spirit of self reliance is fading fast, It's nice to see someone doing a great job! Enjoy, Gary

BTW your trip pictures were great, It looks like you had quite an experience!

Helge is a great mechanic and motorcyclist but the other end of their video productions is an inspirational young man that is at the top of his game, who is very dedicated and an award winner. His name is Sterling Noren. I had the pleasure of camping near Helge and Sterling at the BMW MOA International Rally in Wyoming, what great people they are. :thumb

I thought I would give this a bit of a bump as I used the DVD today as a reference on the oils and filter change on my F800GS.
This is a really good no BS "tutorial" on many aspects of the service on the F800GS and should be as good on the variants.
I found it interesting when Helge mentions that the factory skid plate was a bit weak for any real off roading. While I had my skid plate removed, I cleaned it up with a little WD-40 and was amazed at the stone "bruises" in the aluminum (BMW Plate).
I used all BMW parts- filter, crush washer and whizz bang new oil. The new oil- Advantec Pro 15-50, is a Shell product and while it is supposed to be the latest and greatest, really looks like a Rotella derivative- but who knows....really :D
Lately, I'm more concerned with age stability of the oil than a mileage factor.
OM

Back