Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 26 of 26

Thread: J&M or Blue Ant Bluetooth - Which is better?

  1. #16
    Ritalin Poster Boy rob nye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Bristol, Rhode Island
    Posts
    2,939
    Quote Originally Posted by slider5150 View Post
    Great input Rob. Thanks. So does the IB crowd have a preferred bluetooth system, or do they just stay with wired?

    THANKS!
    Wired.

  2. #17
    slider5150
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by robnye View Post
    Wired.
    That makes sense for them. They get on, and they don't get off for LONG TIME!
    But that isn't really my need. I have many more starts and stops and the bluetooth seems like a great convenience, if I can get it to work...

  3. #18
    You stupid, fix it! r11rs94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Tiverton, RI
    Posts
    5,149
    Quote Originally Posted by slider5150 View Post
    That makes sense for them. They get on, and they don't get off for LONG TIME!
    But that isn't really my need. I have many more starts and stops and the bluetooth seems like a great convenience, if I can get it to work...
    Bluetooth. I usually hotel it now when I travel. Mine has lasted over 16 hrs at a wack. Just DO NOT forget the charger.
    The thing about traveling is, you never want it to end and you can't wait to get home.
    I answer to Roy, Chief, or Sarg.
    04 R-1150-RT current bike. 94 R-1100-RS74,383, Sold, 78 R-80/7, K.I.A by a D.U.I
    www.OceanStateBMWriders.com

  4. #19
    slider5150
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by r11rs94 View Post
    Bluetooth. I usually hotel it now when I travel. Mine has lasted over 16 hrs at a wack. Just DO NOT forget the charger.
    16 hrs sounds great! What kind are you using? What do you have syncing? How would you rate it? Any other thoughts?

    THANKS!

  5. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    53

    lots of support

    Quote Originally Posted by robnye View Post
    J&M is total crap. Customer service a really bad, if it doesn't work out of the box it will never work and they won't do jack to help you out.

    If you want to know how bad J&M really is subscribe to LDRIDER (mailing list of the Iron Butt Association) and ask there. Be ready for your monitor to melt.
    I have had no problems getting things repaired or replaced after years of use. Emailed the owner and gotten responses back the same day. Techs worked with me as well. I really like the 2003 handlebar unit on 3 of my bikes. Had one on the forth, but wrecked the bike.

  6. #21
    RIDERR1150GSADV
    Guest

    Talking

    Interphone F4 ..... www.mrhit.com has good deals..
    For a good read see here..http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcyc...interphone-f4/
    I have had mine for a few weeks now and the stereo is amazing as well as the phone comms.. I am solo so I have no experience with the intercom function.
    Just my 0.02 cts

  7. #22
    Ritalin Poster Boy rob nye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Bristol, Rhode Island
    Posts
    2,939
    Quote Originally Posted by scout6 View Post
    I have had no problems getting things repaired or replaced after years of use. Emailed the owner and gotten responses back the same day. Techs worked with me as well. I really like the 2003 handlebar unit on 3 of my bikes. Had one on the forth, but wrecked the bike.
    What exactly was wrong and what did they do to fix it? Was it mounted on the RT or the Royal Star?

    Did they ask you to remove and send them every piece of equipment including your cell phone and gps?

  8. #23
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    53

    what was wrong

    My manly wife (joke) busted the push to talk lever on the one on her RT. One of the small plugs on the back took a hail stone in Colorado on my RT and fell in which allowed in a bit of water. One of the units stopped transmitting, but I think it was keyed several times without an antenna attached, which is supposed to be a no-no on CBs. I have had the units since 2004 and put lots and lots miles on them. They are not wireless, but the communication from bike to bike has been awesome. The input for an aux with separate volume (has an amp) is one of my favorite features.

  9. #24
    Ritalin Poster Boy rob nye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Bristol, Rhode Island
    Posts
    2,939
    Quote Originally Posted by scout6 View Post
    My manly wife (joke) busted the push to talk lever on the one on her RT. One of the small plugs on the back took a hail stone in Colorado on my RT and fell in which allowed in a bit of water. One of the units stopped transmitting, but I think it was keyed several times without an antenna attached, which is supposed to be a no-no on CBs. I have had the units since 2004 and put lots and lots miles on them. They are not wireless, but the communication from bike to bike has been awesome. The input for an aux with separate volume (has an amp) is one of my favorite features.
    I'm glad you got satisfaction. Good thing you were not trying to troubleshoot electrical noise, interfaces or many of the other features J&M claims to offer.

  10. #25
    slider5150
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by robnye View Post
    I'm glad you got satisfaction. Good thing you were not trying to troubleshoot electrical noise, interfaces or many of the other features J&M claims to offer.
    Gee, I get the idea you aren't the world's biggest fan of J&M....

  11. #26
    slider5150
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by riderR1150GSAdv View Post
    Interphone F4 ..... www.mrhit.com has good deals..
    For a good read see here..http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcyc...interphone-f4/
    I have had mine for a few weeks now and the stereo is amazing as well as the phone comms.. I am solo so I have no experience with the intercom function.
    Just my 0.02 cts
    Are you using bluetooth to connect to your music? If so, what's your setup? I am looking at hooking to an iPod with bluetooth that I am going to control with an iJet. But I am interested in your setup if you have a good one working.

    Thanks!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •