• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Charged for shipping in the store?

Thanks. I think this thread has spun somewhat out of control. We are all in agreement that supporting our local dealers an important thing to do and they need to be profitable to stay in business. I was simply upset that the fee was not disclosed up front.

I apologize if I came off sounding like a cheapskate. That was not my intent.

I agree that this thread has spun out of control, however, I don't think that the 'Gear' forum was ever designed for folks to complain about how they were treated...in my opinion, it was designed for folks to come and learn about different types of motorcycle related stuff, not as a general 'bitch session', so to speak... I've been in your position, however, I can also tell you that I, as a business person, have told my customers up front that there will be extra charges for this and that, and they flatly didn't hear me...

So, maybe the next time you wanna discuss something like this, there may be a better place for it...I know I had a fairly strong reaction to your original post, and I pulled in my horns when I responded to it...

Between BMW motorcycles and tiny trains, you can't be a cheapskate!

How tiny TT? G, G1, O, S, Sn, HO... or are we talkin' really tiny...

Really tiny, N scale. See my club http://belmontshorerr.org

2BikeMike, I know the phrase and said it myself. I just stings when it pointed your way.

Yarddog, I picked this place since it was "gear buying" experience. I never expected this much response. I suspect the young lady simply forgot to mention the fee, or I did not hear it. Had they asked me up front if I wanted to pay $4 to have them in a week, I probably would have said sure.

I know it is difficult for local retailers to survive, and that is why I don't just go straight to the web. I really am on your side. You guys are a needed asset.

Take care,
Scott

Back