Thread: East Tenn. shop?

anick568

East Tenn. shop?

I live in upper East Tennessee and my GS1200 is due for service. Does anybody know of any good shops or mechanics in this area. I have found one in Knoxville but they are pretty backed up.

warredon
    There is a new one in Chattanooga (Pandora's) but that is a bit far for you.

Old man in the mountains osbornk's Avatar
    Marion VA-In the middle of some of the best riding in the country.
    I live in the far Southwestern part of Va and we have to be close to each other. I do my own servicing but 2 of my friends take theirs to the dealer in Greensboro (since BMW of Lynchburg-formerly Hammersley-is going out of business). If you find a good place closer, please let us know.

Ken
    'You can say what you want about the South, but I almost never hear of anyone wanting to retire to the North.

Depending on what you're looking for, there is an independent BMW mechanic in the Knoxville area named "Crow".

He's been wrenching on BMW motorcycles since at least the early '80s where he was the shop tech for the Knoxville BMW dealer.

I don't have his contact info but I'm sure that if you contacted the BMW Riders of Knoxville club, someone would know how to reach him.

Moving to South Regionals
    2011 R1200 GSA Smoke Grey Metallic Matt
    2009 G450X White
    IBA #35651
    Rogue Moderator

tbourque
    Quote Originally Posted by anick568 View Post
    I live in upper East Tennessee and my GS1200 is due for service. Does anybody know of any good shops or mechanics in this area. I have found one in Knoxville but they are pretty backed up.
    I assume you are talking about Destination Cycles in West Knoxville/Farragut? I've used them and they are great to work with. If this is the one you are referring to, then I have two independents in the Asheville area you may want to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by wuli959 View Post
    Depending on what you're looking for, there is an independent BMW mechanic in the Knoxville area named "Crow".

He's been wrenching on BMW motorcycles since at least the early '80s where he was the shop tech for the Knoxville BMW dealer.

I don't have his contact info but I'm sure that if you contacted the BMW Riders of Knoxville club, someone would know how to reach him.
    I am pretty sure Crow is at Red Barn Beemers now, small shop on Middlebrook Pike. I haven't been there but I'm almost positive that's what I've heard around the campfire. While I haven't used him, I too have heard good things.

Give this a shot--no promises:

Name: Red Barn Beemers
    Street: 9528 Middlebrook Pike
    Knoxville, tn 37931-4707
    Phone: (865) 470-9266
    Jeff Peterson
    Murfreesboro, TN
    R1200RT
    MOA#91237, IBA#40505,

anick568
    Quote Originally Posted by osbornk View Post
    I live in the far Southwestern part of Va and we have to be close to each other. I do my own servicing but 2 of my friends take theirs to the dealer in Greensboro (since BMW of Lynchburg-formerly Hammersley-is going out of business). If you find a good place closer, please let us know.

Ken
    There is a dealer in Knoxville but they are always backed up. Somebody mentioned that Asheville had a service center but I have had no luck in finding it. I think I'm going to try a local and see how he is. I appreciate the feedback though.