• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

How does a guy meet one of You...

Best of luck.........I think most of the women like HD guys. I am thinking about a Road King just for dating purposes. I have a garage full of BMWs and not matter which one I am on the typical look on their face says it all. Ewwww.....Is that an insect or Transformer? Where is the chrome?

Not married, no kids. 35 years or so left on this mud ball if everything goes OK. Worked in the MC industry for the last 25 years. (that seems really cool, but 98.9% of the people in the industry are guys)

The good thing is no one complains when I park a motorcycle in the living room or decide to take a roadtrip on a whim. The bad thing is the holidays, it gets more than a little lonely. I think I could probably die in my sleep and no one would notice for a week or two.

'Where is the chrome ?'

Hehehe ...

You know, not all all of us women would say that ... :brow

Regards,

Lynn

A couple of weeks ago I had the pleasure of taking a day ride with BMWGSRIDER. Gotta say that it was a real pleasure - darned good company, rides with her head, super attitude and a good ol' country gal appetite. We even found some good scenery and roads in the Texas panhandle.

So maybe all you should do is just get out and ride.

I had a wonderful time... I enjoyed the ride too. It was a pleasure to meet you.

Now, if I was just 40 years younger and a foot shorter..............

Hhhhmmmm......

A couple of weeks ago I had the pleasure of taking a day ride with BMWGSRIDER. Gotta say that it was a real pleasure - darned good company, rides with her head, super attitude and a good ol' country gal appetite. We even found some good scenery and roads in the Texas panhandle.

So maybe all you should do is just get out and ride.

Now, if I was just 40 years younger and a foot shorter..............

Seriously, after six decades spent running all around the planet one of the few things this hard headed old geezer learned is to NOT put your energy into actively looking for somebody, but relax and enjoy the folks around you.

40 years younger? Could that mean a female in my age range around here? I'm not sure what to do with myself. :dunno

:ha

Best of luck.........I think most of the women like HD guys. I am thinking about a Road King just for dating purposes. I have a garage full of BMWs and not matter which one I am on the typical look on their face says it all. Ewwww.....Is that an insect or Transformer? Where is the chrome?

It sounds like you're a bit insecure about your man(motorcycle)hood :stick Have you tried asking one of the women making faces, why they make that face? Most folks respond with doubt to things they aren't familiar with. They just need some encouragement/education to see the 'light.'

What opportunities you're missing by assuming you're being frowned on!

P

jdmetzger;610646 I'm not sure what to do with myself. :dunno :ha[/QUOTE said:
I'm not sure how I ended up getting married, but I'm sure glad I did.......

Oh, and she doesn't even like to ride and, now, drives a Prius.:confused:

A couple of weeks ago I had the pleasure of taking a day ride with BMWGSRIDER.

i have ridden with Anna many, many times. not only is she a very good rider but she is a wonderful person to be around. all you single guys in and around the Texas panhandle should be standing in line to take her out.

i have ridden with Anna many, many times. not only is she a very good rider but she is a wonderful person to be around. all you single guys in and around the Texas panhandle should be standing in line to take her out.

Thanks George. Your a wonderful person too and a very good rider. I'm glad to have the opportunity to ride with you.

:type ..... it looks like a lot of 'how we met' and 'how do I meet?' references here so I thought that I'd pass along the quick version of Mary and me in 2001.

After a four year old separation (some of which the old /5 played a role; but that's a whole other thing), I met Mary in 2000-2001. Dancing was the intro medium. Told her about the bike. She never rode. "Would you like to go for a ride.... on the bike?" Affirmative. So we made a ride plan. Unknown to me, she went to a used clothing store and bought an old leather jacket. She told her sister, "Not much money....just in case this doesn't work out". We had a wonderful ride; she was a natural and we haven't stopped grinning since.

Shortly thereafter I asked if she'd like to go for a little longer ride. Sure. "but where?" I showed her a map with a large circle around the U.S. and told her about a motorcycle rally in Redmond, Oregon. Ok. Her first tour was going to be about 12,000 miles on a 28 year old motorcycle with a guy she hasn't even known for a year.

Great, but we have a problem. The bike needs a bit of work and I don't have a place to work on it. "well, you could use my basement", she said. So we did.

1bikeapart1.jpg

A new riding suit for Christmas, boots, gloves, maps, a U Bag, hairdryer..... we're good to go!

Mary on departure day 2001. Next 'big stop": Redmond

maryandbikehfx.jpg

A little light in the front, modest brakes (brakes?), lots of sunshine and grins. We get to Redmond, camp with the notorious Black Sheep, have a great time before moving on down the coast to southern Cal and eastward to New Orleans and then up the east coast home. Sometime I should write this little travel story I suppose. Anyway, Redmond was special because we got the Long Distance Two-Up Male Rider award. What a thrill for a person on their very first 'long ride'.

BobMaryandAward.jpg

Lots of riding since but our meeting - with much due to that old BMW motorcycle - was a great adventure and a very much a bonding experience :love - Bob

Wow, if she can survive camping with the Black Sheep contingent at the MOA, she can survive just about anything! :lol

A "keeper" fer sure!

RM

Wow, if she can survive camping with the Black Sheep contingent at the MOA, she can survive just about anything! :lol

A "keeper" fer sure!

RM

She loved it....... even her first "Do What You Want" ride around the rally site. I'm thinking that Hunter S. Thompson was leading that little parade. - Bob

bit hazy but you can get the idea.....

RALLY4.jpg

This is a fun thread, I have to chuckle! Any of the BMW clubs out there have plenty of really good lady riders. Each club has breakfasts or camp outs and the like to easily sit down and meet someone.

Ouch!

Despite being an engineer, I've managed to have a wife hang around for quite a few years.

Of course, you must be aware that all mothers warn their daughters to stay away from musicians!

:nyah

Harry

Know how to get a musician off of your porch?

Pay him for the pizza! :whistle

Back