• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

How does a guy meet one of You...

I had met Helen riding another brand...was at my house working on my trailer one Sunday morning...she popped in on this...said she was going to meet her group for their usual weekly breakfast...90 miles away:scratch...I got a BMW about a month later to keep up with her!My dang floorboards were taking a beating. Now I don't think twice about riding 200 miles to breakfast.

No converting her..it was me...no riding on the back...unless she or I want too :thumb AND , she has more bikes than I do at the moment and rides them all:dance

I think the secret for me was to NOT try to meet someone to fit ...if it happens...it happens...and it did! Brand differences or not.

Attachments

• IMG_0052.jpg
    IMG_0052.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 545
I had met Helen riding another brand...was at my house working on my trailer one Sunday morning...she popped in on this...said she was going to meet her group for their usual weekly breakfast...90 miles away:scratch...I got a BMW about a month later to keep up with her!My dang floorboards were taking a beating. Now I don't think twice about riding 200 miles to breakfast.

No converting her..it was me...no riding on the back...unless she or I want too :thumb AND , she has more bikes than I do at the moment and rides them all:dance

I think the secret for me was to NOT try to meet someone to fit ...if it happens...it happens...and it did! Brand differences or not.

And all this time I thought it was tractors that were sexy. Its *trailers*. Would you mind sharing what brand of trailer that was?:laugh

Tom

Best of luck.........I think most of the women like HD guys. I am thinking about a Road King just for dating purposes. I have a garage full of BMWs and not matter which one I am on the typical look on their face says it all. Ewwww.....Is that an insect or Transformer? Where is the chrome?

Not married, no kids. 35 years or so left on this mud ball if everything goes OK. Worked in the MC industry for the last 25 years. (that seems really cool, but 98.9% of the people in the industry are guys)

The good thing is no one complains when I park a motorcycle in the living room or decide to take a roadtrip on a whim. The bad thing is the holidays, it gets more than a little lonely. I think I could probably die in my sleep and no one would notice for a week or two.

Best of luck.........I think most of the women like HD guys. I am thinking about a Road King just for dating purposes. I have a garage full of BMWs and not matter which one I am on the typical look on their face says it all. Ewwww.....Is that an insect or Transformer? Where is the chrome?

Not married, no kids. 35 years or so left on this mud ball if everything goes OK. Worked in the MC industry for the last 25 years. (that seems really cool, but 98.9% of the people in the industry are guys)

The good thing is no one complains when I park a motorcycle in the living room or decide to take a roadtrip on a whim. The bad thing is the holidays, it gets more than a little lonely. I think I could probably die in my sleep and no one would notice for a week or two.

A Road King Eewwww!

I wouldn't mind a bike parked in the living room.

Nice choice of bikes!

Nice choice of bikes!

Thanks!

The one that got away was from Amarillo, born in Dumas actually, but raised in Amarillo. She is never far from my thoughts.

There is something special about girls from TX.

Thanks!

The one that got away was from Amarillo, born in Dumas actually, but raised in Amarillo. She is never far from my thoughts.

There is something special about girls from TX.

I know I am special... that's because I'm living in Texas... not born here though. LOL

I'm sorry to hear what happened. I take it you know this area than? There are much better places versus here.

It seems to me that if someone is looking for a girl who does this or who does that, or who is interested in this or is interested in that, they are just complicating the search process.

The goal, presumably, is to find someone who is interesting, easy to get along with, and with who has chemistry with you.

Last edited:
My Special Woman

"I know I am special... that's because I'm living in Texas"

I once told my wife who was born in Amarillo that she was "So special she could be a Gold Medalist in the Special Olympics" I had a bruise on my shoulder from the punch she threw. Ya gotta be careful with those women from Texas. :)

Perhaps looking for "girls" is the issue...SheRides

:laugh

There is the oft recommended advice about having a short "requirements list" in the selection of a partner. In my twenties, I had a friend who wouldn't date a girl who smoked. Well I did, and she quit shortly after we started going out. This girl and I are still married, 35 years later.

387075976_5kQGc-M.jpg

P.S. Gail: this was taken for us by a Harley guy, on the Beartooth Pass.

If you want to meet girls; be the opposite of an engineer.

If you want to meet girls and you're in a band; be the opposite of a drummer.

I think girls are born with some subconscious repulsive gene that is sensitive to these two traits.

My Better Half

My better half made me aware of this discussion topic last night...she reads the woman's section somewhat frequently and ran across this discussion of amusement. I have to say, having a spouse that also rides is something I didn't expect when we first met...via Yahoo of all places...yes, we are an online couple:heart

When I was posting around the various date sites a few years back, I had a side note of my interest in motorcycles. I have been riding since 1986 and I didn't want to end up with a significant other that was going to squash my riding interest. That didn't mean the other had to ride, just let me have my next mid-life crisis bike at age 40 :bikes

I think on our second date, I happen to pull out one of my old hd shirts in my laundry I was putting away. Lori suddenly inquired...."you have a harley?" I said yes, a few years ago, but I sold it due to a job change. I was planning on getting another one, probably the Road King in another year. Her blunt comment was "I don't like Motorcyles....and I especially hate harley's :nono My thoughts was that this relationship is about over.

For the next few months, I kept my mouth shut on motorcycles until one weekend in Beaver's Bend Oklahoma, we were on a camping trip and while driving around the area, I happen to comment that this would be a cool place to do some bike riding. She states "mountain bikes?" I said, no, a motorcycle. For whatever reason, this seemed to catch her interest of riding out of the way of interestates and cities and somewhere nice where the traffic is light.

The following week, she asked me what kind of bike would you ride in Beavers Bend? I stated, probably if we are also camping with the RV, something relatively light, but sort of a dual sport that could ride on a highway, but also some dirt roads if necessary and be light enough to get into the pick-up bed. At the time, I had my eye on the Triumph Tiger for this application.

She then asked where one of those are? At the time, we lived in the Dallas area and there was a Triumph(BMW) dealer. She taught at a school nearby, so after work, I met her there to look at a Tiger. She wasn't thrilled with it, too tall and ugly. She then points across the hallway to the other side of the dealership. "What's wrong with those bikes?""Why don't you like those?" She was pointing across the way at the BMW side of the dealership. I bluntly stated "I can't afford THOSE bikes!". I really didn't know much about the BMW bikes at the time, but starting researching. I had one former coworker who had an RT I thought was nice, but that was about it.

I'll end this with a long story short: I will have to credit my wife Lori for directing me to the BMW. We got married in 2007 and a month later, had our first BMW...a CS, which fit the requirement of fitting in the Pick-Up bed with the RV. Later the RT would come along and we did our first out of state trips on that model. After the 4000 mile in two week trip to the Wisconsin Rally, my wife decided that she had had enough riding two-up and wanted her own license and bike. The CS became her first bike since we already had it. Since then, this has been one crazy marriage to Lori and the BMW's !

Attachments

• Hondo.jpg
    Hondo.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 582
Just say 'Howdy'

A couple of weeks ago I had the pleasure of taking a day ride with BMWGSRIDER. Gotta say that it was a real pleasure - darned good company, rides with her head, super attitude and a good ol' country gal appetite. We even found some good scenery and roads in the Texas panhandle.

So maybe all you should do is just get out and ride.

Now, if I was just 40 years younger and a foot shorter..............

Seriously, after six decades spent running all around the planet one of the few things this hard headed old geezer learned is to NOT put your energy into actively looking for somebody, but relax and enjoy the folks around you.

Back