• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

How does a guy meet one of You...

cmannie

Hello,All!
I'm reading lots of posts from lots of GREAT people here on the MOA forum...
And it's really refreshing to see that there is a section here on the MOA devoted to The Ladies!
My question is...I'm a single guy,41 yrs old...single Dad..and would just LOVE to meet a nice lady to ride with!
As a passenger,or if She had Her own bike,that would be even better!
So...I'm here in the West County area of St Louis...Where are all the riding girls in STL hiding??
Would love to hear something!
Mannie

Ummm, out riding by themselves or with friends; out riding with the local club; riding at local track days; hanging out at the dealer?

Good luck!:wave

Hello,All!
And it's really refreshing to see that there is a section here on the MOA devoted to The Ladies!
My question is...I'm a single guy,41 yrs old...single Dad..and would just LOVE to meet a nice lady to ride with!
So...I'm here in the West County area of St Louis...Where are all the riding girls in STL hiding??
Mannie

I'm single looking for someone to ride with too... so where are all the guys hiding?

I'm not in STL and if I was... I wouldn't mind going for a ride.

Thanks,Girls! :)
Anybody nearby??
Or...I'm planning a long trip...STL to Kalispell,MT...Then South thru the Rocky Mountains..WY,CO,then to New Mexico...Would be open to hearing from someone up there!

Last edited:
LOL! I'd love to ride with you cmannie but my husband would have to come along. :laugh Hope you find someone to ride with out your way. Have you looked into bike clubs? I'm always telling my single girlfriends to join the local kayak and biker clubs.
So far, they have not listened.:dunno

In my younger days there weren't nearly as many riders so the comunity was tighter and we knew many of the local riders, some of which included women, though much fewer than today. back then we meet (and dated) simply because there were so many less of us (riders)..

now adays its a bit differant..

I met my better half 11 years ago by posting in Yahoo Personals. Rather than a list of "must have's" I simply mentioned my likes and dislikes and that I was looking for someone who also enjoyed some of the same things, one of the main being motorcycle riding. She saw the post, had just started riding, liked my post (even saw my picture and Still answered, go figure??) and the rest is, as they say, history..

No trick to it, just be honest and open and don't list a bunch of "demands" as in "you must like this or be like that" (which would turn off anyone looking for an honest relationship), just talk about yourself, your likes, your loves, your fears.

I know several couples who met that way.. and not on paid dating sites either.

RM

Hello,All!
Mannie

Go to the MOA Rally in Redmond and attend the Women Who Ride Seminar. That'd be a good place to start. Or join the Gateway Riders. Or go on the next charity ride that pops up locally.

Paul!
I'm shocked! The Women Who Ride seminars should never be posited as a place to troll for women! ;)We are serious riders! But, hey! I tell my single women friends to come to our weekly coffee meetings cause you never know!:laugh

He wouldn't be "trolling" for women. He's looking for "a nice lady to ride with!"

We don't do that on the Women of the MOA section of the forum. :whistle

Got it? ;)

Voni
sMiling

Wait a minute Voni. You mean Paul is looking for a nice lady to ride with?
Did you turn mean all of a sudden or what?????

:laugh

In my younger days there weren't nearly as many riders so the comunity was tighter and we knew many of the local riders, some of which included women, though much fewer than today. back then we meet (and dated) simply because there were so many less of us (riders)..

now adays its a bit differant..

I met my better half 11 years ago by posting in Yahoo Personals. Rather than a list of "must have's" I simply mentioned my likes and dislikes and that I was looking for someone who also enjoyed some of the same things, one of the main being motorcycle riding. She saw the post, had just started riding, liked my post (even saw my picture and Still answered, go figure??) and the rest is, as they say, history..

No trick to it, just be honest and open and don't list a bunch of "demands" as in "you must like this or be like that" (which would turn off anyone looking for an honest relationship), just talk about yourself, your likes, your loves, your fears.

I know several couples who met that way.. and not on paid dating sites either.

RM

Yahoo Personal is a paid site now... all those type of sites that use to not be a paid site are anymore... even if it says free... one is very limited to what you can do just to get you in to make you pay in order to access information. And if you pay for one of the sites, still the outcome hasn't been successful... not for me anyways. I just do not understand... It's not easy to find someone... I'm trying and still have no luck.

Volunteer at an All Women's Event - just don't lurk at one

I am Laughing! I have men on waiting lists to volunteer for our Women's Riding School each and every year. They will do anything to help out. But the rule is, no fraternizing with the gals while they are in school. They are there to LEARN, not to pick up guys. What might happen after school is over is another thing.. but during school - its all about the ride. :thumb

Besides, they will think it so sweet that you came out to help.
Who wouldn't!
Riders are all T H E best.

Should I put you on our waiting list? :brow

You'll find your riding partner soon.

Judy

I used to joke with my friends that a guy would have to be a toll taker to meet me :brow

But alas it took me years to learn that just cause a guy rides a great bike doesn't mean he's a good match! And figured out just cause he rides the 'wrong' bike, doesn't mean he's all bad either. :nyah

I used to joke with my friends that a guy would have to be a toll taker to meet me :brow

But alas it took me years to learn that just cause a guy rides a great bike doesn't mean he's a good match! And figured out just cause he rides the 'wrong' bike, doesn't mean he's all bad either. :nyah

That's a very true statement...

I'm still searching and have been for a long time.

I used to yearn to find a significant other who rides...and eventually realised that it was a waste of time.

I've got one now who likes being my passenger, and I think that's better than having someone who has zero interest.

Of course the alternative is to find a significant other you're interested in and convert them from non rider to rider.

That's what I did................Rod.

I used to yearn to find a significant other who rides...and eventually realised that it was a waste of time.

I've got one now who likes being my passenger, and I think that's better than having someone who has zero interest.

That's great! My significant other never thought he'd find someone who liked to ride as much as he did...............................Unfortunately he met one that likes to ride more :laugh:rofl

Back