• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Cheyenne to Redmond IBA 1000

mtncrawler

Hello all -

I haven't registered for the rally yet - not sure I'm going to be able to make it. BUT, if I do, I'd like to get my certificate while I'm at it.

Any others in the WY/CO (or regions east) that are doing the 1000 from Cheyenne?

I'm on a 09' GSA - and would even like to check out some of the GS Events if I go as well. I know I've got to get a move on for planning - maybe a couple other participants will push me over that line!

Anyone?

Mike

I'm on the same boat with you. Riding a 09 GS1200 from East Coast and getting to Cheyenne, WY in 3 days and resting for a day before attempting the Iron butt.
Still in the planning stages and nothing firm..

Welcome GS'ers:)

I'm the rally GS Chairperson Guy and want you guys out here! Please come. Good luck with your 1000 certificates. See ya there. We also have some GS events, before the rally, the 13th and 14th, riding through the Oregon wilderness:). Happy Trails, Randy"Polarbear"...GSA1200:thumb

Hey PB,

It's too bad the GS pre-rides and IB1000 are sorta, kinda in conflict. I think the rules for the IB require a start between the 13th at 8:00 am and 15th at the 11:00am.

I'm still on the fence as I said earlier - even considering taking the whole week off - but I'd have to choose. I like getting dirty and want to keep after the off-road riding skills I learned at the school this year..:thumb

Guess I could always do the IB the traditional route...

Hey PB,

It's too bad the GS pre-rides and IB1000 are sorta, kinda in conflict. I think the rules for the IB require a start between the 13th at 8:00 am and 15th at the 11:00am.

I'm still on the fence as I said earlier - even considering taking the whole week off - but I'd have to choose. I like getting dirty and want to keep after the off-road riding skills I learned at the school this year..:thumb

Guess I could always do the IB the traditional route...

Greetings,

To make it possible for folks to do both we've changed the start time of the Redmond 1000 to anytime after 12:01 a.m. Saturday, July 10th and before 11:00 a.m. Thursday, July 15.

Greetings,

To make it possible for folks to do both we've changed the start time of the Redmond 1000 to anytime after 12:01 a.m. Saturday, July 10th and before 11:00 a.m. Thursday, July 15.

Woohoo! Thanks for the clarification Robyne...that puts a new twist on things...

Thx Rob;

The GS rides on the 13th/14th are BMWMOA Foundation Rides, starting at the Rally grounds at the GS Tent. Its a big tent, cannot miss it! These will be group rides, with lots of GSs taking part. There is sign ups available on line already for this..., or do it there on site/just show up! The rides are broke into three groups, all dirt, BUT easy,intermediate and expert loops. Two days of this:). The rally time too will have GS rides available each day, but self guided and/or led by Dave Zuber, a local Oregonian GS guy. Good luck on the IB Rides, all ya iron butt folks. Been there, done that in my earlier years. I might do another IB ride someday:). THX Rob again, Randy"Polarbear"Owens, GS Chairguy/Redmond2010:thumb:dance

Coming from the east

I am definitely going, and will be coming from PA leaving on the 9th or 10th. I am only scheduled for the Wed pre-ride, but would like to add Tues if I can get my departure time adjusted. The new info on the IBA creates a welcome wrinkle..

Witness?

Was anyone planning to leave early on Wednesday morning? If so, could we meet to witness each other's departure?

Thanks in advance,

slh

Back