• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Throttlemeister

BPCHAPELHILL

Does anyone out their know how to adj the throttlemeister. I have one on my 2004 R1150RT it has work well for years. Lately it will not hold unless I turn on my heated grips. So I need some help.

Bill

Had the same problem about 7 years ago, also on an R1150RT. You adjust the position of the brake housing on the handlebar, not the TM. What likely happened is that you had the TM on, then turned on the heated grips. As the grips got hot and expanded the force pushed the brake housing toward the center of the handlebar.

At least that's what happened to me. Once fixed I stopped it from happening again by making sure I never locked the TM until after the grips came up to temperature.

The throttle side of the Throttlemeister comes with small washers ,used as shims to set it closer or farther away from the bar end or grips. You have probably worn away the end of the grip. Remove a washer and the TM will contact the grip harder. Works with your heated grips since the grip expands when hotter.

Ralph Sims

How does one go about adjusting the position of the brake housing?

Screen shot 2010-05-16 at 3.45.00 PM.png

Eight year old memory says: remove two screws (6), loosen 8, adjust.

I don't know that I'd trust my eight year old memories, that much. :groovy

Bill,

Attached is a pdf file that I got from Throttlemeister on how to adjust the unit. I have an 2004 1150RT also and I have to adjust mine about once a year or two. Simple to do, just takes a about 15-20 minutes.

Tom

Attachments

• Throttlemeister AB4.cwk (WP)1.pdf
    133.9 KB · Views: 502
Back