• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Half cover for RT

chipwalter

Looking for a lightweight, compressible (small storage space requirement) half cover for travel use on an RT. Any recommendations appreciated.

Looking for a lightweight, compressible (small storage space requirement) half cover for travel use on an RT. Any recommendations appreciated.

I've used the same EZ Touring Traveller "A" cover on a K11LT, K12LT, R1150RT, and R1200GS. It worked on all of them, obviously with more coverage on some than others.

p-20050822-162458.jpg

They last forever if you dry them out before putting them away.

Last edited:
I bought a Nelson Rigg half cover (size L?). I like it a lot. I'd look at price, as I think all the good covers are about the same in quality.

Here's a second endorsement for the EZ Touring cover. Just got one and it's much nicer quality than the made in China one I got at Cyclegear for my other bike.

Bob
2002 1150RT
"Concorde"

Willie & Max Travel Cover

I bought one of these off E-Bay over 10 years ago and I was using it on an R1200C and now I'm using it on an R1200RT. Works great, packs small, has elastic loops on it that loop around the bottom of the front forks and a loop that goes over your license plate to hold it in place on the bike. Stays on all night, I've never had it blow off during a windy stormy night on the road.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.co...80003&zmam=88421133&zmas=1&zmac=45&zmap=24058

I use a half cover, like you, to keep the electronics and seat dry. I don't care much about the lower half. If that cover will stay put in wind, it would work form me.

Highly recommend the EZ cover for the RT. Fits great and their "Traveler" size folds down to stuff in the small bag. Goes on and off in seconds. Love that thing!

I like my Nelson Rigg half cover. I admit that I didn't shop a lot. I read a few reviews and went with what NewEnough sold because I trust them. I do have friends with the EZ Traveller who say its a great cover.

Anyway, tne Nelson Rigg half cover isn't pricey at $40 (with shipping), and it packs small. I haven't used it a lot, so I can't say from personal experience how long it'll last, but other reviews suggests it'll hold up well. BTW, I'd recommend getting the XL regardless of what bike you ride. All Nelson Rigg pics have it tightly covering a sport bike like a mini-skirt painted on a smokin' hot woman, but since it snugs up on the bottom there's no reason to buy one that barely fits. My XL size fits nicely over my 12GS with Aeroflow and hard bags, with plenty of room for a top case. Frankly, getting the largest size is probably a good idea regardless of the cover you buy.

FYI, here's NewEnough's page for it.

I like my Nelson Rigg half cover. Not pricey at $40 (with shipping), and it packs small. BTW, I'd recommend getting the XL regardless of what bike you ride. All Nelson Rigg pics have it tightly covering a sport bike like a mini-skirt painted on a smokin' hot woman, but since it snugs up on the bottom there's no reason to buy one that barely fits. My XL size fits nicely over my 12GS with Aeroflow and hard bags, with plenty of room for a top case. Frankly, getting the largest size is probably a good idea regardless of the cover you buy.

FYI, here's NewEnough's page for it.

I too cast my 'vote' for the Nelson-Rigg cover, in XL.

Just rigged it on my son's Honda ST1300 (an R1200RT wannabe!) at his base (Fort Bragg, NC) last night, before flying back to Wisconsin Sunday evening.

Excellent cover, with multiple securing straps/elastic. :bikes

Back