• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

8.49 second 158 MPH pass

just got my CycleWorld yesterday, they S1000RR was voted International Bike of the Year.

This is the result of voting from major cycle pubs from around the world. :thumb

ian

If you have just washed the bike or are just going to lube the chain, warm it up by riding. That will also get trapped water out. Lubricate the top of the chain on the bottom level, between the large sprocket and smaller sprocket. Use a rag where you are spraying using it to wipe the chain and catch excess. Different lubes are out there. I begin lubing at the master link so I know when it is done. I have never removed the chain to clean it but do frequently use WD40, a rag, and a chain brush to clean it. This extends the life of sprockets and chain as well as adds to performance. I am not certain what the S1000RR manual indicates but having been around sport bikes awhile these are just some tips we have followed. Hope it helps.

Back