• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Beer Tent

This will be my first BMWOA rally, and I am curious about the beer tent, is it really going to be a tent, and how much is the beer? Is it draft/can/bottle.

JOE111 said:
This will be my first BMWOA rally, and I am curious about the beer tent, is it really going to be a tent, and how much is the beer? Is it draft/can/bottle.

Buck a beer for cans, two bucks a beer for microbrew drafts. Not sure about structure, but it's always been a building of some variety in the recent past.

dave

This year the beer garden is in a big (and I mean BIG) tent.

The Trenton beer garden was also in a big tent.

It will be on the north end of the river front lawn at the UofC.

Best,

The tent is about 60 x 120 feet, lit up at night, lots of people and three great nights of music featuring acts of nationally ranked caliber.

You shouldn't have too much trouble finding it, even if you start your partying before you get there. :)

Priorities

Wow my first rally and first post and my only concern is the beer tent. I guess you all know where my priorities lie.

Joe111: C'mon, now. First priority is getting to the Rally safely. Then Beer Gareden, Beer Garden, Beer Garden!! Welcome and hope you have a blast at the Rally!

Hawk
VP BMWMOA:D

we all have our priorities
joe111 i like yours - it is similar to ours
i bet you like how we pack our bikes for a short trip
:drink :drink :drink :drink :drink :drink :drink:p

Attachments

• 2406.jpg
    2406.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 1,684
They gave their life so we could party
226272-M.jpg

Joe111: Iwouldn't follow K75LT, I'd be ahead of him. That way I could set up the roadblock so we could highjack him....:clap :bliss

I definately have to meet you guys at the Beer Garden!

Hawk
VP BMWMOA :D

Who are these folks?

I'll be manning the beer tent on Wednesday night. I think the first forum meeting should be then. Come on up to the bar and introduce yourself--it won't get you a free beer but it will at least associate a face with a name (for as long as my memory lasts!):beer :beer :beer

RIP SNPA

BMWGypsy said:
There is something wrong with this picture. One of these still has the cap on it! For shame, Dave.

:p

They're all dead. We were just being tidy.

dave

KBasa said:
They gave their life so we could party

Damn, I love Sierra Nevada. Almost as good as a local brew, Tupper's Hop Pocket, brewed by Old Dominion Brewing. I'll probably pack a few for the post-ride.

Any idea what the beer tent selection will be?

This being my first national rally, can you BYOB into the beer tent? I know at Square Route Rally, we sell beer but do not have a problem if people bring their own (of course we are a local rally, not a national).

Looking forward to meeting you guys. I think I met Stacey very briefly at SRR (and maybe NEPB), feel like I know KBasa from the BEEG list, and have met Rev. Willie at TT Halloween campouts. looking forward to this experience.

Mike Enloe
Hamilton, VA
R1100GS

Beer here

menloe said:
Any idea what the beer tent selection will be?

From Jim "Santa" Klas -- Beer Garden Co-Chair:

The Beer Garden will feature Red Hook ESB, Red Hook Blackhook Porter,( WWW.REDHOOK.COM )& Pete's Wicked Ale on tap. The beer distributor( The Bud Guy) also handles Fosters, Moosehead, Beck's & Heineken on tap and we may run other brews, as the tap truck has five taps per side. A pint of tap beer will again be two bucks. West Virginia does not have any micro breweries, that is why we had to go with a larger brewery from a different region. We are planning to have some wine & flavored malt beverages at the micro brew bar. In the main beer area we will feature Budweiser products in iced down cans for one dollar . We will also have bottled soda water and also one liter bottles of water for a buck. Dan will post more info and updates on the Garden Center (beer garden)web site. (http://www.dcarnevale.com/beergarden/)

my first post

Well this is my first post and I guess it took a beer thread to make it happen.
I am riding more this year after taking almost all last year off the motorbike to concentrate on my bicycle.

I hope to see ya'll in the beer tent at the MOA National.

Fantastic job on this Forum to all of you who have made it happen! :clap

Hey Dave! It's been a long time!
I've jealously heard of your wonderful digs out in Cali from the other Yankee Beemers that have been lucky enough to visit you and Tina out there.
Hope to see you at the National. I've just bought another GS (after selling my '01 a couple of years ago) that I'll be riding down.

beer thoughts

A philosophy professor stood before his class with some items in front of him. When the class began, he wordlessly picked up a "VERY LARGE" and empty mayonnaise jar. He proceeded to fill it with rocks, which were about 2" in diameter. He filled the jar to the top!
He then asked the students if the jar was full. They said, "Yes."
The professor then picked up a box of pebbles and poured them into the jar. They rolled into place, all around the rocks. He shook the jar lightly. This allowed him to pour more pebbles in, until they were up to the top of the jar. He again asked the students if the jar was full.
They said, "Yes."
The professor then picked up a box of sand and poured it into the jar.
Of course, the sand filled the spaces between the pebbles. He asked once more if the jar was full. The students wondered what the right answer was this time, wondering what else could be poured into the jar.
The professor then produced two cans of beer from under the table and proceeded to pour their entire contents into the jar, effectively filling the empty spaces in the sand. The students mumbled.
"Now," said the professor, as the laughter subsided, "I want you to recognize that this jar represents your life. The rocks are the important things - your family, your partner, your health, and your children. Things, that if everything else was lost and only they remained, your life would still be full.
The pebbles are the other things that matter like your job, your house, and your car. The sand is everything else. ÔÇ£ The small stuff."
"IF YOU PUT the SAND into the JAR FIRST," he continued, "there is no room for the pebbles or the rocks! The same goes for your life. If you spend all of your time and energy on the small stuff, you will never have room for the things that are important to you. Pay attention to the things that are critical to your happiness. Play with your children. Take time to get medical checkups. Take your partner out dancing. There will always be time to go to work, clean the house, give a dinner party and fix the disposal.
Take care of the rocks first . . . the things that really matter. ..then the pebbles. Set your priorities. The rest is just sand (the little stuff)!" One of the students raised her hand and inquired what the beer represented. The professor smiled and said, "I'm glad you asked. It just goes to show you that no matter how full your life may seem, there's always room for a couple of beers."
:beer

Back