• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Bugs Don't fly when its Breezy, it seems...

R

rocketman

But the RocketMan does..

60 Degrees, breezy with mostly sunny skies
Perfect!

After 200 plus miles, a tank of gas and 7 hours I started seeing visions of a fat guy waiving his arms madly shouting “Gillian!!!” I realized what had started as a three hour tour was anything but…..
But the IT is just so easy to ride we just kept going….

In search of ……
Old things, abandoned things, new things, wooden things, fisheyes and reflections, entrances and exits to somewhere else, be it inside or out…

house-1-web.jpg

house-bike-1-web.jpg

In a lot of these very small towns the homes and structures sit Very close the the road, I suspect that this a result of the fact that when they were built the road was just a one lone (by todays standards) track and the houses were not as close as they are now that 2 lane paved roads are in place.

bike-2-web.jpg

I liked this in the way the clouds, chimneys, line of trees and driveway coming in from the right all conspire to lead your eye diagonally upward and across the image to the upper left corner where the road takes you over the crest of the hill beckoning you to wonder what lies just beyond the crest of the hill…
roadview-1-web.jpg

cow-ramp--web.jpg

cow-ramp-b&w-web.jpg

stacks-web.jpg

house-3-web.jpg

house-3-detail-web.jpg

I liked the transition from stone to wood shows on the side of this old home, it looks like it started as wood since that is the front of the structure... though usually it is a stone house that has wooden extentions added later..so maybe they added the wooden part later the front and then built a new front porch ???

house-4-web.jpg

reflection-web.jpg

fish-eye-web.jpg

boxes-2-web.jpg

boxes-web.jpg

gate-web.jpg

The route (for those in the Northern VA area):
619 to 55 to 257 south to 17 to Warrenton to 211 west to little Washington. East by north on Fodderstock Rd to Griffins Tavern and north on 522 to Hume Rd east to/thru Hume to Crest Hill Rd south and then west back to Griffins Tavern a block north of where Fodderstock feeds into 522. Then 522 to 211 east to 605 to Nokesville Rd and home. The loop from Little Washington and back to Griffins Tavern is where most shots where taken awesome little loop, great country roads up and down hills and past farms and dipping down into forested creek beds and then back out into more open farm lands.

RM

Good stuff. How did you find such a calm body of water (Reflection photo) on such a breezy day?

Great Pics! What is that funny looking Honda doing in your nice pictures?

RM is starting a new fad. in ten years we'll all be on those VERY DEPENDABLE Hondas. talk about going full circle... In 1968 I started riding on a Honda, now 42 years later I'm thinking of doing what Rocket Man did...:dunno

Great Pics! What is that funny looking Honda doing in your nice pictures?

Ya know, I have been wondering the same thing...

seems there is this guy who's been following me around the last three weeks whenever I go riding and every time I stop to take pictures he tries to sneek this little silver motorcycle into the photos....its making me very nervious...

not because he is following me

but because the bike looks really kool and makes me want to get one too....:laugh

RM

Back