• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Old Tire Changer

beemermyke

While picking up a motocross bike at a dealer in South Carolina over the weekend, the owner gave me an old Coats 200 Cycler tire changer. Pretty sturdy piece of equipment, just when I was about to pull the trigger on a Harbor Freight setup too! I've Googled the world over, and can't seem to find parts for this old dinosaur. Particularly, it looks like I need one of the rim holders, the bead breaker piece (attaches to that bent bar on the left lower part of the machine), and I know it orininally came with a bar for removing the tire from the rim. Interesting piece of equipment to say the least. The proper tools and some teflon rim protectors here and there might make this a good addition to the garage arsenal.

Attachments

• Coats Cycle 200 Tire Changer.jpg
    Coats Cycle 200 Tire Changer.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 5,227
Tire changer?

Tire changer?!!!!!:p That looks like something outlawed by the Geneva Convention!!!

Last edited:
I think NO-MAR makes some accessories for the Coats unit, you might give them a call 636.326.5999

Steve

That is from the 70's. I know because I changed thouands of tires on one while working at a Goodyear tire center.

Thanks for the No Mar tip, guys. Sounds like you have alot of experience using this particular machine, SIBUD. Hmmmm... how about come over for a beer and a training session??? Illinois and Georgia... we're practically neighbors! :laugh

Back