• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Another Lame Iphone GPS Thread.

RCHARVEY6712

Here we go.
Yes I've searched the forum.
And yes, there are some great ideas.
But I'm a stubborn SOB, and I'm going to ask anyway.

Anyone that has successfully interfaced an Iphone with the BMW Nav II (not III, not IV, Not the Zumo, Not the Garmin, Not a can and string) and some aftermarket device (like the autocom, cardo, etc...) for intercom?

My RT has the BMW built in radio/CD player, the speakers are pure garbage at any speed above "cleaning the bike in the garage", and I DO want to answer my phone on the bike, and talk to the girl behind me squeezing her thighs against me, listen to music, and have that Nav II tell me WTF to do on occasion....

Whew.

:ear

you guys answer the phone on the bike?

I've had good luck with the iPhone 3GS and Zumo 660. I've run all of it thru my Chatterbox GMRS-X1 with good results when riding in a group. Solo, I prefer to have just the earbuds and mic plugged into the Zumo... less engine noise in the electrics.

If I can't afford the distraction, I don't answer. I run music off a 4GB chip in the Zumo for MP3s. It'll also do audio books too. I prefer music, keeps the "other" voices in my head busy while I concentrate on riding.

Back