• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Eckenhoff Motorcycles

ron_ces

Aging Hacker
The shop is moving along nicely! Had some work done there the other week. Valves adj. etc. I forgot what a low labor rate does to your final bill. Much cheaper than the big boys and great personalized service. :dance

Ron

Last edited:
I spoke to Alan the other day. I am trailering both bikes up on Tuesday for service and they seem more than happy to help. Will let you know how it goes.

update

Last week, I trailered both bikes to Eckenhoff for 6000 mile service. I have to say, that Alan and RK made it a very pleasurable experience. They helped me unload and RK went right to work. We had a mis-communication and they thought I was going to wait around. When we realized that my plan was to come back the following day, Alan offered to keep the trailer safe and secure so I didn't have to haul it back and forth.

Upon my return the next afternoon (later than anticipated), someone was there to assist with loading. Pricing was much lower than I anticipated and Alan offered us a great deal on tires. I'll be going back next week for a ride-in appointment to get new tires mounted and balanced.

The shop is no frills. What it lacks in BMW gloss, they more than make up for in service, personality, and professionalism. They have a small smattering of gear (Olympia) but Alan tells us they have plans to expand the offerings.

For those of us in the area, they are a welcome service alternative. They are definately worth checking out and I wish them lots of success.

Stuff is starting to line the walls!

Helmets, boots, powerlet stuff. I picked up some oil and RK fixed my grip issue for free. Love that personal service! It reminds me of MC shops that existed a few years ago. Employees who actually care and are happy to see you. A welcome addition to SJ after RK BMW closed! I miss that shop...
Ron

I know this post is old..

but those guys were real helpful with me finding a bike... talked to them a few times during the process to get some feedback and they were very helpful.. they also have an arrangement for warranty work with Montgomeryville BMW... Glad they're fairly close.

You guys in SNJ are lucky to have Eckenhoff! My uncle lives down that way and we stopped by the shop on our last visit. And thats where I saw this little crumpet (and bought it!)

2010-10-20073034.jpg

Happy Anniversary to RK, Alan and Eckenhoff Motorcycles!

1 year official is sometime around now.

Back