• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Heli-bars vs Verhoven bar risers

PeteMoss

Any one have any opinion/experience on this topic?

I've considered keeping stock bar height, but my hands just ain't happy. Plus I've developed a Raynaud's type phenomenon in my right hand on longish rides when the temp is below 50 degress (this getting old sucks).

The heli-bars are less expensive and appear to be more straightforward; afew reviews I've found sound good. Thank you in advance for any wisdom.

I was looking at this risers for my KGT for the same reason as you. They seemed like the perfect solution for me until I was told that a tankbag would not be usable with either of these risers.

barbacks.

i installed the Verholen,the only problem I encountered was honking the horn when turning the handle bars all the way left as in parking ,you will never get this far over when riding.I have the large bmw tankbag,cured the problem with a Wunderlich doo hickey that fits over the horn button.Go to www.wunderlichamerica.com The part # is 8500247.

Last edited:
Heli Bars

Any one have any opinion/experience on this topic?

I've considered keeping stock bar height, but my hands just ain't happy. Plus I've developed a Raynaud's type phenomenon in my right hand on longish rides when the temp is below 50 degress (this getting old sucks).

The heli-bars are less expensive and appear to be more straightforward; afew reviews I've found sound good. Thank you in advance for any wisdom.

:thumb

I have Heli Bars on my 1992 K75s and highly recommend them. They are basically infinitely adjustable depending on what you can do with your cables and clearances for windshield, tank, etc.

I have had them for, :dunno , at least 10 years now? Very good quality. Have not checked their website lately, but seems like they did not have much for BMW anymore.

The metal disk cap worked out well as a mount for my Ram GPS mount.

Attachments

• PICT0009_30.JPG
    PICT0009_30.JPG
    110 KB · Views: 133
Back