Thread: Heli-bars vs Verhoven bar risers

Heli-bars vs Verhoven bar risers

Any one have any opinion/experience on this topic?

I've considered keeping stock bar height, but my hands just ain't happy. Plus I've developed a Raynaud's type phenomenon in my right hand on longish rides when the temp is below 50 degress (this getting old sucks).

The heli-bars are less expensive and appear to be more straightforward; afew reviews I've found sound good. Thank you in advance for any wisdom.

I was looking at this risers for my KGT for the same reason as you. They seemed like the perfect solution for me until I was told that a tankbag would not be usable with either of these risers.
    Gary

07 K1200GT
    IBA 23450

barbacks.

i installed the Verholen,the only problem I encountered was honking the horn when turning the handle bars all the way left as in parking ,you will never get this far over when riding.I have the large bmw tankbag,cured the problem with a Wunderlich doo hickey that fits over the horn button.Go to www.wunderlichamerica.com The part # is 8500247.
    Last edited by papaed; 05-12-2010 at 09:13 PM. Reason: needed a space

Heli Bars

Quote Originally Posted by PeteMoss View Post
    Any one have any opinion/experience on this topic?

I've considered keeping stock bar height, but my hands just ain't happy. Plus I've developed a Raynaud's type phenomenon in my right hand on longish rides when the temp is below 50 degress (this getting old sucks).

The heli-bars are less expensive and appear to be more straightforward; afew reviews I've found sound good. Thank you in advance for any wisdom.

I have Heli Bars on my 1992 K75s and highly recommend them. They are basically infinitely adjustable depending on what you can do with your cables and clearances for windshield, tank, etc.

I have had them for, , at least 10 years now? Very good quality. Have not checked their website lately, but seems like they did not have much for BMW anymore.

The metal disk cap worked out well as a mount for my Ram GPS mount.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2014 R1200 GSA, 92 K75s. Gone: 97 F650st, 04 R1100s, 78 R80/7, 76 Honda 750F, Maico 400, Husqvarna 360 8 speed, Honda SL-350, Suzuki 250 Savage, Honda 175SL, Bonanza 100.

Just received Helibars 2 days ago and will be installing shortly!