• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Club 2 Jacket

Semper_Fi

Honey Badger
Does anyone have this jacket and if so what are your thoughts - thinking of getting it

Thanks

bmw_club2jacket2.jpg

I bought mine when I got my F800ST. Great jacket, but it heats up something fierce in the sun at a stoplight. I ended up taking the armor out of it and now wear it casually.

One thing to keep in mind when purchasing it; it comes with the shoulder and elbow armor but the back piece is extra. At least it was when I got my jacket.

I've had one for a couple months. The fit is true to size and a nice cut, almost making me look slim (wearing an XL at 5'11" and about 225)! I really do like the look of the jacket as a whole.

It is a bit warm in temps over about 75 degrees, so for that type of riding I switch to my mesh jacket. The Club 2 has no venting to speak of although you can leave the sleeves unzipped a bit, allowing the wrists to flare, and get some airflow through there and up the arms. If you're in Mass., you may get a decent amount of spring and fall use out of it, as well as those chilly summer mornings if you commute. I find the collar very comfortable as well.

All-in-all, I like it for local riding and am happy with the armor in the shoulders and elbows.

I wanted one badly, but it just fit weird. Maybe true to size but the cut is odd.

I just bought a Rev'it Turbine jacket (Color Silver/BLK) from the local BMW dealer, but here it is on Revzilla and there is a good video.

http://www.revzilla.com/product/revit-turbine-jacket

this is one of the rev'its that fit true to size (normally I have to go up one size)

If it is a cooler all textile & Mesh very protective jacket you want, it is excellent. I replaced the stock back protecetor with a SAS-tec back protector

My regular jacket is a Rev'it Ignition which I cannot say enough positive about, but I wanted something lighter and a bit cooler for hotter days without sacrificing protection!

Back