• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

The Rally Train needs a Conductor

RevWillie

On the Blue Roads
Unfortunately, family health issues have prohibited me from attending the 2010 National Rally and I will not be able to be the Rally Train Conductor for this year.:cry

We need somebody who is taking the Rally Train to Redmond and back, to step forward and be the Conductor for our train.:deal It's not a tough job, but the group needs somebody to answer questions, interact with the Amtrak personnel, and herd the crowd to the right train at the right time. At least you will not have to keep track of the baggage cars that carried our bikes with us in '01!

(Chicago Yard-return trip '01:"why did you pull the emergency stop cord?" "where are our baggage cars?""why did you pull the cord?"" where are our bikes?? we are NOT leaving until the cars are attached to the train!"):bottle

Really, this year's train will be an easy one to take care of. Just keep track of the BMW riders on the train and have some fun and fellowship as the miles pass by your windows.:buds
I have lots of experiences and advice to share for anybody who will take on the job. Just PM me and I will give you all my information and ideas (Tip#1: make the coach seats in the lower section of Superliner coach cars the Late Night area--keeps the noise down for the folks trying to sleep)

Please help your fellow bike+train riders and volunteer to be our Rally Train Conductor!

2010 Rally Train:

29 Capitol Limited 7/11/10 Lv. DC @4:05 pm - Ar. Chicago 7/12 @ 8:45 am
27 Empire Builder 7/12/10 Lv. Chicago 7/12@ 2:15pm - Ar. Portland 7/14@ 10:10

28 Empire Builder 7/22/10 Lv. Port. @ 4:45pm - Ar. Chicago 7/24@10:10am
30 Capitol Limited 7/24/10 Lv. Chicago@ 6:40pm - Ar. DC 7/25@1:10pm

2001 Rally Train Conductor

Last edited:
Granted

I haven't kept up on all the details, but there is one thread stating the train people aren't supporting shipping of bikes idea and now you are saying you need a train conductor? Do I take this to mean some people are going on the train and hope to ship their bike by some other carrier? So does this infer those people need someone to tell them when to get on and off the train?

I haven't kept up on all the details, but there is one thread stating the train people aren't supporting shipping of bikes idea and now you are saying you need a train conductor? Do I take this to mean some people are going on the train and hope to ship their bike by some other carrier?
(YES, most are shipping with Keyboard Shipping, some will rent cars in OR)
So does this infer those people need someone to tell them when to get on and off the train?
(NO, only a few need major direction:huh, but everybody has questions)

Back