• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Touratech Zumo 660 mount

Has anyone used or is using the locking Touratech mount for your 660 Zumo? If so what device are you mounting it to? Do you like it? Easy to use? Do you feel it is secure and locks up the Zumo?

Locking Touratech Mount

I have the Touratech locking mount for a Zumo 550, attached to RAM mount. The RAM mount pieces are pretty flexible. The setup feels pretty solid and probably provides some vibration and shock protection over the RAM mount system alone. However, I got it mostly because I wanted to make it a little harder to steal my gps when I'm in a store or away from my bike for some other reason. I think it's about as secure as something like this can be, enough to discourage a casual thief. I also replaced the wing nut on the RAM arm with an allen head bolt, so it needs tools to remove.

John Peck
2002 R1150R
1993 K75S

The best thing to do with a Zumo 660 is unlatch it from the m/c cradle, stuff it in its come-with case, and put that in a jacket pocket and take with. Here, car windows are smashed for portable GPS units on the dash, I'd hate to see how much of a bike one of those thieves would take with the Zumo.

The best thing to do with a Zumo 660 is unlatch it from the m/c cradle, stuff it in its come-with case, and put that in a jacket pocket and take with. Here, car windows are smashed for portable GPS units on the dash, I'd hate to see how much of a bike one of those thieves would take with the Zumo.

I have a zippered inside pocket in my jacket that I put my Garmin in when I get off the bike. Takes less than 5 seconds on or off. If I am going to walk any distance from the bike and I am in an unfamiliar location, I usually mark the location of the bike so I can use the GPS to find it again easily.

One of the appeals of the Touratech mount is the security in keeping the unit from falling off the bike. Does anyone have a better idea for a tether or other system in the event the Garmin mount vibrates loose?

One of the appeals of the Touratech mount is the security in keeping the unit from falling off the bike. Does anyone have a better idea for a tether or other system in the event the Garmin mount vibrates loose?

Vibrates loose? Not after 6000-7000 miles on my high-revved R1200S! If it can take it on that, it will take it on your bike unless you ride a GS and do real GS riding. Just tighten the hex-head bolts well.

660 on Touratech (R1200R)

Here is my experience.

The mount is this one. This is the Touratech support I used. Note that it must be mounted with the bar toward the tank, otherwise, when both the mount and the Zumo are on, they hide the instruments (see last picture).

Overall evaluation:
- the quality of Touratech screws is poor
- it is simple to mount
- it is sturdy and it should discourage the occasional thief, however, I would suggest not to leave the Zumo on an unattended bike
(do not pay attention to the plastic box in front to it: it is an "extra", that is the radio for highway tolls pay - in Italy highways are not free for use)

Senza_navigatore_trequarti_fronte.JPG

Too busy for a R1200R!

Con_Navigatore_fronte.JPG

View when seated

Con_Navigatore_lato.JPG

Barely visible from different perspectives

Con_Navigatore_trequarti_dietro.JPG

Ignore the plastic box in front of it

Last edited:
I'm Happy

Okay, I went with the Gadget Guy over the dash mount with the Touratech locking mount. The GG mount is a slight job to install but I like the clean look and the mount is very solid. The T mount holds the Zumo well but the attaching hardware is a little cheap. I would prefer black anodized screws and nuts and clamps. Maybe tamperproof nuts etc. would make honest people more honest? I do like the security for a short walk away from the bike and will still remove and store it away if gone from the bike for along time. On another note does anyone know if the Zumo's code security system can be jailbreaked? I was wondering what the value would be if someone stole it but could'nt unlock to use? Or is it just stupid tweekers that steal just because? :fightcause

Back