• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Pecatonica IL Swap Meet 2010

kstoo

Huckleberry, Gilera &Toad
Pecatonica Swap Meet 2010 is coming up this weekend. It is Saturday and Sunday this year. Who's gonna be there? I will be on both days.
I am looking for a deal on a new helmet and some other riding gear. I'm selling a bunch of good parts and hope to sell enough to buy another project.

http://www.blackhawkbmwclub.org/expo.html

Road Construction warning

For any one coming in from the North west Hwy 75 is closed from Dakota to Best Road. Last report I had was that Cedarville Blacktop was still open.

As ALWAYS watch your speed in Pec, Barny Fife is ticket crazy these days.

Hope to see you all there.

Roy

I'll be there- looking for some new riding gloves, and some other odds and ends..

I'll be there Sunday, maybe looking for a new helmet. I usually buy something, of course, as well as a bratwurst!
This is the official beginning of my bike season.:brad

I'll head down Saturday early afternoon. I always see a few familiar faces and pick up a few bargains. Last year I bumped into a high school classmate I hadn't seen since 1972. Cool.

Well, I went this morning. There were very few helmets or or new item vendors.
I did manage to buy a shirt and some tent stakes (similar to the ones Magilla used to make).
Seemed to be a smaller turnout, although I was there early. I didn't even get my traditional brat as at 9am I wasnt ready for lunch.
Next weekend is the Mini Rally in Sturgis Michigan. I am going even if it is raining and I have to drive my suv!!

I wasn't there, and I didn't buy as rear fender for 6 dollars, or a First Gear Jacket with a rain liner for 76 dollars.
That's my story and I am sticking to it.
:ha

Now that you mention it, I didn't see you or you brother, either. And we didn't shake hands, either. This was all a figment of our collective imaginations. Or maybe hallucinations brought on by the bourbon and cigars last night.

In fact,.... I'm not entirely sure that the event happenned at all. I'm sure that I didn't see Roy, or his brother Dave. I'm also pretty sure that Randy and Bill E and Al Sloan and Mike and Bert and I ,..... didn't cook steaks and drink brown whiskey and smoke cigars. We also didn't trade parts or have any fun at all.

It was all a beautiful dream.

Thanks to all of you who attended. Turn out was a little lite but that made better bargains for the rest of the attendees.

Next year it will be a little later in the season so we might even get some sun shine:dance

Roy

Note: I know nuthin about any drinking or smokin going on....

In fact,.... I'm not entirely sure that the event happenned at all. I'm sure that I didn't see Roy, or his brother Dave. I'm also pretty sure that Randy and Bill E and Al Sloan and Mike and Bert and I ,..... didn't cook steaks and drink brown whiskey and smoke cigars. We also didn't trade parts or have any fun at all.

It was all a beautiful dream.

:ha

:wave
You too Randy. :wave

Back