• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Arizona Al's in ear speakers

Let me just say I was skeptical when I first contacted Al about his in ear speakers. After reading all the kudos on this and other blogs I gave him a call. At the time I was running an Autocom system with their supplied helmet speakers and while I had done a great job of installing them in my helmet I just wss'nt satisfied with the sound quality. I like to listen to music and audiobooks on long rides and also use for intercom and bike to bike. Al told me that his new design was different than I thought I understood to be the norm in custom molded in ear speakers. Instead of the actual speakers residing in the ear molds with the wires attached, he places the speaker drivers in the Y section below you chin and runs acoustical tubing up to thr ear molds. IT IS AWESOME !!!! Great sound. Blocks out unwanted sounds but you can still hear horns (except my WIMPY RT horn) and sirens. My girlfriend had Al do her molds on a trip to Ariz. and she loves then also. And no I am not related nor associated with Al, just wanted to share. THANK'S AL!!
:thumb

Any problem with getting them to stay in your ear when putting your helmet on? Do they ever come out if you adjust your helmet or bump the cord?

This has been my issue with other in ear buds or speakers.

ok, after stepping into some Arizona based Al-anon sites (not ready to do that.... at this point :D), how do I get in contact with Al? Going to Arizona will have to wait but we have been more seriously considering such a product. Maybe earbuds for now and Al's rig later. - Bob

Let me just say I was skeptical when I first contacted Al about his in ear speakers. After reading all the kudos on this and other blogs I gave him a call. At the time I was running an Autocom system with their supplied helmet speakers and while I had done a great job of installing them in my helmet I just wss'nt satisfied with the sound quality. I like to listen to music and audiobooks on long rides and also use for intercom and bike to bike. Al told me that his new design was different than I thought I understood to be the norm in custom molded in ear speakers. Instead of the actual speakers residing in the ear molds with the wires attached, he places the speaker drivers in the Y section below you chin and runs acoustical tubing up to thr ear molds. IT IS AWESOME !!!! Great sound. Blocks out unwanted sounds but you can still hear horns (except my WIMPY RT horn) and sirens. My girlfriend had Al do her molds on a trip to Ariz. and she loves then also. And no I am not related nor associated with Al, just wanted to share. THANK'S AL!!
:thumb

+1. I had Al's first generation and now his newest as you have described and fully agree with you, they are top drawer.

ok, after stepping into some Arizona based Al-anon sites (not ready to do that.... at this point :D), how do I get in contact with Al? Going to Arizona will have to wait but we have been more seriously considering such a product. Maybe earbuds for now and Al's rig later. - Bob

Try 480-540-0521

The earplugs easily stay in the ears when putting the helmet on. Both my girlfrend and I feel that these are a great addition to riding comfort. We both also use them as off bike IPOD speakers wherever you would normally use earbuds. Can't wait to try them on an airplane.
Here is Al's email customearplugs@cox.net :bikes

Back